Associate Degree Programs at Pratt
The mission of Pratt’s Associate Degree Programs is to provide a professional and creative learning environment in conjunction with a rigorous career-focused art and design curriculum, balancing technical knowledge and skills with the development of critical thinking and conceptual abilities. These programs serve a diverse student population, both traditional and non-traditional, and offer two study-tracks: a career-oriented A.O.S. track, which prepares students for careers in the art and design professions; and a transfer-oriented A.A.S. track which positions A.A.S. graduates to transfer directly into the junior year of the Pratt B.F.A. Programs in Fine Arts or Communication Design.
Illustration Program Mission
The A.O.S. Illustration major within Pratt's Associate Degree Program is a career track professional program with an emphasis on both traditional skills and new technologies. Illustration students develop skills and proficiency in such concentrations as Advertising and Editorial, and expertise in current software applications and studio fundamentals such as Concept Visualization and Drawing.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able, possessing skill in both traditional and digital methods, to create dynamic and innovative illustrations for a variety of contemporary markets.
- Students will be able to utilize expertise in a broad variety of software applications to create work for both print and web purposes.
- Students will be able to employ a thorough knowledge of illustration business practices to promote and conduct business on a professional level.
- Students will be able to create illustrations with a distinct individual style.
- Students will be able to integrate an intimate knowledge of current market trends into their professional practices.