Created with the needs of arts professionals in mind, this new certificate offers an opportunity for teaching artists and arts practitioners to explore new techniques, media and disciplines with top-rated faculty. The program allows you freedom of choice to tailor your mix of courses based on your personal interests and goals.
You’re invited! Information Session on Zoom: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, 6:30-8:30
Registration is free on Eventbrite. Zoom link will be shared via confirmation email before
No matter your level of experience, all are welcome and given individualized attention.
You may take stand-alone courses or elect to earn the Fine Art Certificate.
Most students complete the certificate over two terms. All fine art courses in the spring term are offered online except for two floral workshops which will take place off-campus at floral studios. Click on the Fine Art Certificate link to see detailed course descriptions, dates, faculty bios, prices, and locations.
To earn the certificate, you must complete five courses of your choice with a passing grade from the list below.
Approximate cost of the certificate is $3,650 + $100 certificate fee.
Certificate Requirements (select five 30-hour courses or a mix of intensive workshops and courses totaling 150 hours.) Please note, three intensive floral workshops are equal to one 30-hour course.
Fine Art Certificate Courses
- Art Now: Concepts and Themes in Contemporary Art
- Brave New World
- Color Theory
- Cook the Idea: Achieve Your Artistic Project
- Create a Picture Book
- Drawing I
- Drawing: Mastering the Figure
- Floral Design Through the Eyes of Master Artists
- Fragrance Creation Workshop
- Ideas & Motivations in the Visual Arts: A Course for the Creatively Curious
- Introduction to Illustration: Image & Text
- Metalworking I
- Painting & Drawing
- Painting & Drawing II
- Pencil Portraits That (Almost) Speak
- Photography Masterclass: RA Friedman
- Seasonal Floral Design
- Storyline: The Art of Personal Narrative
- Sustainable Floral Design
- Urban Sketching Workshop
- Wild Duet: A Celebration of the Arts via Foraged Materials
- Introduction to Art Direction: Print Media
- Introduction to Art Direction: Digital Media
- Photography for Art Directors
- Introduction to Illustration: Text & Image
For advisement contact: