Discover your creative passion, build friendships, and find your place at Pratt in this immersive college-level program.
Spend the summer on Pratt’s Brooklyn campus in intensive art, design, architecture, or creative writing courses, informed and inspired by the backdrop of New York City. During this four-week full-time program, students develop technical skills and create strong portfolio pieces for college admission, while earning elective college credits.
Students who cannot join us on campus are encouraged to log in from across the country and around the world to take part in our summer online classes.
Join high school students from diverse backgrounds and develop your creative passions, build friendships, and discover potential careers on Pratt’s Brooklyn campus this summer.
Dates & Costs
|Residential Program||July 5 – July 29, 2022|
|Priority Application Deadline||March 1|
|Payment Deadline||June 1|
*Non-refundable. Program deposit is applied toward tuition.
- Show proof of full vaccination at least 2 weeks before the first day of the program. (For more information about Pratt’s COVID-19 response and vaccination requirements please visit https://www.pratt.edu/backtopratt)
- At least 16 years old and no older than 18 years old before the first day of the program. No exceptions.
- Currently enrolled in high school (or equivalent program).
- United States citizen, permanent resident, or international student with valid US Visa
- Self-motivated, responsible, and willing to dive into college-level study with support from staff and faculty.
- Passionate and inquisitive about creating works of art, design, architecture or writing. Program is open to all levels of experience but best suited for students who have some experience with creating, whether in a formal or informal setting.
Interested students may indicate they would like to be considered for a scholarship award during the PreCollege application process. Student applications for scholarships are reviewed separately from the PreCollege admission review and acceptance into the program is not impacted by a student’s scholarship award. Please note, travel and materials costs are excluded from the award.
This partial scholarship is open to all first-time PreCollege attendees and is awarded to students who demonstrate exceptional work and show dedication to their creative development.
This scholarship is open to US citizens and permanent residents and is awarded to students who exhibit strong work or artistic promise and dedication to their creative development as well as demonstrate financial need in order to attend the PreCollege program.
Black Alumni of Pratt Scholarship
The Black Alumni of Pratt’s Visual Arts & Creative Writing Scholarship is open to all junior and senior high school students of African and Latinx descent who are residents of New York State and registered in a New York State school.
Refunds and Cancellations
Student safety is Pratt’s highest priority. We are continuously monitoring the impact of the pandemic on our campus and the summer PreCollege program. In the event of the on-campus program being cancelled, students will be fully refunded with the exception of their non-refundable deposit and they will be offered placement in our online program. We recommend that all accepted students check their email regularly for updates from our office and review Pratt’s return to campus plan at https://www.pratt.edu/backtopratt.
PreCollege Refund Policy:
- Any deposits or special fees (such as lab, application, or materials fees) are non-refundable
- Non-credit: a $35 processing fee will be charged per course per term and an additional $15 will be applied to any refund request per course per term, these fees are non-refundable
- Credit: a refund processing fee of $70 will be charged per course per term, this fee is non-refundable
PreCollege Fall and Spring:
- Students may cancel their registration via email before the start of the second class
- No refunds will be issued after the second class begins
PreCollege Residential Program:
- Students may cancel their registration via email before June 1st
- $600 Deposit and $50 application fee is non-refundable
All refund and withdrawal requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org