User Experience, Advanced Certificate
You’ll apply a user-centered perspective to the design and evaluation of interactive technologies.
The Advanced Certificate in User Experience (UX) teaches students how to design and evaluate digital interfaces (e.g., websites, software products, and mobile/tablet applications) from a user-centered perspective, with an emphasis on understanding users and their contexts and applying that knowledge to make digital tools more user-friendly and engaging. Through their coursework, students build a digital portfolio demonstrating their preparedness to do practical UX work in a variety of roles and settings.
This advanced certificate can be taken within the School of Information’s MS in Library and Information Science, MS Museums and Digital Culture or MS in Data Analytics and Visualization. It can also be taken as post-master’s program. Applicants to the post-master’s Advanced Certificate program must:
- hold a master’s degree in the arts, humanities, social sciences, or science from an accredited university;
- submit the online application form, nonrefundable application fee, and official transcripts (uploaded online at application);
- submit a statement of purpose (approximately two pages);
- submit a current résumé; and
- request two letters of recommendation on the application from employers, professors, or others able to judge the applicant’s potential for graduate study.