Digital Humanities, Advanced Certificate
You’ll experience how age-old inquiries into culture, meaning, and value meet emerging technologies and cutting-edge skills.
The Advanced Certificate in Digital Humanities teaches students how to apply emerging technologies to traditional areas of humanistic inquiry. Since much of this work is situated within academic libraries and cultural heritage institutions, the program emphasizes the special role of information professionals in supporting digital humanities research, teaching, and professional activities.
This advanced certificate can be taken within the School of Information’s MS in Library and Information Science, MS Museums and Digital Culture or MS in Data Analytics and Visualization. It can also be taken as a post-master’s program.
Applicants to the post-master’s Advanced Certificate program must:
- hold a master’s degree in the humanities, library science, or information science from an accredited university;
- submit the online application form, nonrefundable application fee, and official transcripts (uploaded online at application);
- submit a statement of purpose (approximately two pages) online
- submit a current résumé online; and
- request two letters of recommendation online from employers, professors, or others able to judge the applicant’s potential for graduate study.
Advanced Certificate Coordinator
Chris Alen Sula, PhD