Graduate Departmental Requirements: Architecture First-Professional M. Arch (Fall only), Brooklyn campus (STEM)
Applicants must have received a bachelor’s degree from an institution in the U.S. that is accredited by a recognized regional association or have been awarded the equivalent of the bachelor’s degree from an international institution of acceptable standards. Applicants must present a portfolio providing evidence of their interest in architecture or their visual sensibility through the media of their choice—photography, drawing, essays, videos, etc. Portfolios must be submitted on-line at pratt.slideroom.com. The GRE is not required for fall 2023. The statement of purpose should be no more than 500 words. A TOEFL of 79 (internet and home test), TOEFL ITP Plus for China of 550, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE of 53 is required for international students.
Advanced Standing (Architecture First-Professional M.Arch)
Please note that Advanced Standing is not a guarantee based solely on an applicant’s undergraduate architecture degree. Admission to the 2-year advanced standing track is highly competitive, based on selection of candidates made by the Architecture Department’s admissions committee and the Chairperson of Graduate Architecture and Urban Design.
- Advanced standing is awarded to select applicants with exemplary design capabilities and who have taken studios, structures, and media-based classes equivalent to those offered in year one of the program’s curriculum.
- Applicants requesting Advanced Standing should have received a bachelor’s degree in architecture equivalent to a Bachelor of Science.
- Eligible applicants must request consideration for Advanced standing in their Statement of Purpose submitted with their application. The statement should be no more than 500 words.
- Interviews may be scheduled for students requesting advanced standing on campus, off-campus, by Zoom, or by phone.
- Not all eligible candidates will be awarded Advanced Standing.
You may contact the Architecture Department’s Associate Manager of Admissions, Erin Murphy, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have further questions about the advanced standing 2-year track. Applicants requesting advanced standing must submit their portfolios online at pratt.slideroom.com.
Expedited Application for Pratt students to the M. Arch
Pratt students are offered an expedited application process to this program. Please see details about this option as well as requirements for admission in this PDF.