Graduate Departmental Requirements: Architecture First-Professional M. Arch (Fall only), Brooklyn campus (STEM)
Applicants must have received a bachelor’s degree from an institution in the US that is accredited by a recognized regional association or have been awarded the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree from an international institution of acceptable standards. Applicants must present a portfolio providing evidence of their interest in architecture or their visual sensibility through the media of their choice—photography, drawing, essays, videos, etc. Portfolios must be submitted online at pratt.slideroom.com. The required statement of purpose should be no more than 500 words. A TOEFL of 79 (internet and home test), TOEFL ITP Plus for Mainland China of 550, IELTS of 6.5 or PTE of 53 is required for international students.
Architecture First-Professional MArch (STEM)
Please note that Advanced Standing is not a guarantee based solely on an applicant’s undergraduate architecture degree. Admission to the 2-year advanced standing track is highly competitive, based on selection of candidates made by the Architecture Department’s admissions committee and the Chairperson of Graduate Architecture and Urban Design.
- Advanced standing is awarded to select applicants with exemplary design capabilities and who have taken studios, structures, and media-based classes equivalent to those offered in year one of the program’s curriculum.
- Applicants requesting Advanced Standing should have received a bachelor’s degree in architecture equivalent to a Bachelor of Science.
- Eligible applicants must request consideration for Advanced standing in their Statement of Purpose submitted with their application. The statement should be no more than 500 words.
- Interviews may be scheduled for students requesting advanced standing on campus, off-campus, by Zoom, or by phone.
- Not all eligible candidates will be awarded Advanced Standing.
You may contact the Architecture Department’s Associate Manager of Admissions, Erin Murphy, email@example.com if you have further questions about the advanced standing 2-year track. Portfolios must be submitted online at pratt.slideroom.com. A TOEFL of 79 (internet and home test), TOEFL ITP Plus for Mainland China of 550, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE of 53 is required for international students.
Expedited Application for Pratt students to the M. Arch
Pratt students and recent Pratt graduates are offered an expedited application process to this program. Please see details about this option as well as requirements for admission on this page.