Eligibility And Deadlines
Pratt’s Graduate Programs will consider waiving the application fee for US citizens or permanent residents who demonstrate financial need. International students are not eligible for fee waivers based on financial need or hardship. Fee waivers must be requested and approved before you submit your application.
Priority Deadlines For Fee Waivers
We are currently accepting graduate applications for Fall 2024 for all programs. January 5th is the priority deadline to be considered for both admission and scholarship, however applications will continue to be accepted on an ongoing basis until programs have filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to ensure timely consideration.
- FALL: yearly priority deadline of January 5
- SPRING: yearly priority deadline of October 1
- LOW RESIDENCY THERAPY: yearly priority deadline of November 1
International students are only eligible for waivers if they fall under the “Additional Fee Waiver” categories, and may find eligibility information in those sections below.
How to Submit Financial Need Waiver Requests
- Download and complete the Application Fee Waiver Form
- Provide your current Student Aid Report (SAR) (available from the FAFSA website). You must show an EFC of 0.
- Email both documents to Application Help at email@example.com
Completion of a fee waiver request form does not guarantee that your application fee will be waived. You will be notified via email when your request has been reviewed. If your request is not approved, you must pay the fee in order to submit your application. If approved, you will receive a fee waiver code by email from AppHelp, and you should follow the instructions below.
Using Your Fee Waiver Code
- Complete an application online at www.pratt.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/apply/.
- You will be prompted to enter your waiver code in lieu of payment at the time you submit the application.
Additional Fee Waivers Available
Expedited Application for Pratt Students Fee Waiver
An Expedited Application is offered to Pratt students who have conferred, or will confer, a bachelor’s degree with us and would like to continue into the following programs with abbreviated application materials and waived application fee:
Current eligible programs include:
- M. Arch – First-Professional
- M.S. Arch – Post-Professional
- M.S. Urban Design – Post-Professional
- Landscape Architecture M.L.A.
- City and Regional Planning M.S.
- Facilities Management M.S.
- Historic Preservation M.S.
- Real Estate Practice M.S.
- Sustainable Environmental Systems M.S.
- Urban Placemaking and Management M.S.
- Art and Design Education M.A.
- Art and Design Education Advanced Certificate
- Arts and Cultural Management M.P.S.
- Art Therapy and Creativity Development M.P.S. (and Low Residency)
- Dance and Movement Therapy M.S. (and Low Residency)
- Design Management M.P.S.
- Communications Design M.F.A.
- Packaging, Identities and Systems Design M.S.
- Industrial Design M.I.D.
- Interior Design M.F.A.
- History of Art and Design M.A.
- Media Studies M.A.
- Writing M.F.A.
- Library and Information Science M.S.
- Data Analytics and Visualization M.S.
- Information Experience Design M.S.
- Museums and Digital Culture M.S.
- School of Information Advanced Certificates
- Fill out the application fee waiver form
- Read the requirements for the expedited application at Departmental Requirements. The PDF is at the bottom of the page.
- Email your Application Fee Waiver Form to Megan Porpeglia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit your application at www.pratt.edu/admissions/graduate-admissions/apply/ and enter your waiver code in lieu of payment.
- Any eligible materials will be waived by a counselor after submission.
Questions about expedited applications can be directed to email@example.com, and kindly state your graduate program of interest when inquiring.
Pratt Faculty and Staff Fee Waiver
Admissions will waive current faculty and staff application fees. Please fill out the Application Fee Waiver Form , include your Pratt ID where requested, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Pratt Faculty/Staff Fee Waiver Request”.
Special Programs Fee Waiver
Pratt’s graduate programs will waive the application fee for applicants who are currently participants in one of the programs listed below, or who have participated in one of the programs listed below for at least a year within the last two years. You must fill out an Application Fee Waiver Form and email the form as well as a letter from a program official documenting the dates of your participation to Application Help at email@example.com.
Eligible programs include:
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society (AISES)
- Annual Biomedical Research Conference for Minorities Students (ABRCMS)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Millennium Scholar
- Careers Opportunity Research/NIMH (COR/NIMH)
- Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP)
- Creating Connections Consortium (C3)
- Institute for Recruitment of Teachers (IRT)
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Leadership Alliance Summer Research Early Identification Program
- Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellows Program (MMUF)
- Minority Access to Research Careers (MARC)
- Minority Biomedical Research Support Program (RISE)
- National Association of African American Honors Programs (NAAAHP)
- Peace Corps
- Ronald E. McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program
- Society for the Advancement of Chicanos and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)
- Teach for America
If you have been offered a fee waiver after attending a recruitment event or through correspondence with a Pratt staff or faculty member, please complete an Application Fee Waiver Form and include that information in the space provided on the form.
For Special Programs Requesting the Application Fee Waiver
A special program not listed above may request the application fee waiver for its participants by writing to Application Help at firstname.lastname@example.org, provided that the program meets all of the following criteria:
- Mission explicitly aligns with Pratt’s Statement on Diversity
- Demonstrates a clear directive for students to enter a graduate program
- Is represented or has chapters at more than one campus
Outside Organization Fee Waiver
If you are applying to Pratt Institute through an outside fellowship organization, you may be eligible to have your application fee waived. You, or the organization officer submitting the application on your behalf, must fill out an Application Fee Waiver Form and email the completed form and a letter from an organization official documenting your receipt of their fellowship to Application Help at email@example.com.
Eligible outside organizations include:
- Amid East
- DAAD – German American Exchange
- DAF – Danish American Fulbright Commission
- IGERT – Integrative Graduate Education and Research Traineeship
- LASPAU – Academic and Professional Programs for the Americas
- VEF – Vietnam Education Fund
Military Fee Waivers
Fee Waivers are also granted to applicants who have served in the US Military. Please fill out the Application Fee Waiver Form and email it to Application Help at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Military Service Fee Waiver Request.” Include a scan of your military I.D. or other proof of service.