Hello Pratt Foundation Students!
If you are studying with us this fall we ask that you purchase the Pratt Foundation Starter Kit before the beginning of the fall semester; you will have time during orientation week to do so. The Pratt Foundation Starter Kit will have some of the basic tools and materials needed for all your first-year foundation classes. These tools and materials will set you up for success throughout the year.
The Pratt Foundation Starter Kit is available for sale at Blick (536 Myrtle Avenue) near Pratt’s Brooklyn campus. This kit is highly discounted at $149.99 before tax (reduced from $213.57) with support from Blick and Pratt Foundation.
Students will need to purchase the kit in-person during the week of orientation; please be prepared to show your Pratt ID for purchase and reference Kit #78742-1006. The Pratt Foundation Starter Kit is only available for in person pick up.
- Many LCD classes will require the use of Color-aid. Your professor will let you know if you need this item by the first day of class.
Questions? Please contact Eleanor King or Leslie Mutchler
Foundation Starter Kit
- Drawing Pencils 6B / 4B / H
- Drawing Pad – 18×24, 80lb, 30 Sheets
- Newsprint Pad, 18×24, 30lb, 100 Sheets
- Conte Crayon
- Scissors, 8 inch
- Triangle – 8in 30/60
- Triangle – 6in 45/90
- Charcoal Pencil
- UHU Glue Stick, .75 oz
- Utility Knife
- #13 Palette Knife
- Sketch Board, 23.5×26
- Prismacolor Pencils True Blue / Canary Yellow / Process Red
- Self Healing Cutting Mat, 12×18
- #1 Xacto Knife
- #11 Xacto Blade Refill Pack
- Artist Tape, 1 inch
- Bristol pad, 11×14 Smooth
- Vinyl White Eraser
- Stainless Steel Ruler, 18 inch
- Heavy Body Artist Acrylics
- Wonder White Paintbrush
- Vine Charcoal
You can find out more about recommended laptops here, and we recommend you reach out to your major if you need more guidelines about computer specifications. There are also many computer labs on campus. For a personal computer we recommend the following at minimum:
*you can use any build you desire as long as it meets the necessary specs:
- CPU: Intel® 6th generation or newer CPU
- RAM: 16 GB for HD video
- Storage: 512 GB SSD (with at least 25GB available)
- GPU: Nvidia GTX or RTX recommended, but many options are acceptable. Please visit the Adobe CC Premiere Pro Spec page for a comprehensive list of acceptable Graphic Cards.
- VRAM: 2GB acceptable (4 GB recommended)
- OS Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) version 1809 or later
External Hard Drives
- Samsung 1TB T5 Portable Solid-State Drive, model: MU-PA1T0B/AM
- SD Card: 16GB or 32GB, Class 10, SD card for use with cameras and audio recorders. Lab audio recorders are not compatible with SD cards over 32 GBs, and anything lower than Class 10 will cause video equipment to crash. Please note: MicroSD Cards are not acceptable.
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Pratt students, faculty and staff have FREE access to the Adobe CC Suite.
- Once you have your pratt.edu email address you can login here for details.