10 Tips for First-Year Success
- We are living and learning in times like no other; approach your education, your classroom, your peers and your faculty with empathy, patience, and an open mind.
- Challenge yourself; open yourself up to experimentation and learning through failure.
- Visit the museums and galleries of New York regularly.
- Learn to ask questions to get the information you want. Talk to as many people as you can. The resources on this page are good places to start.
- Learn to effectively manage your time. Start your projects early; don’t wait until the night before something is due.
- Stay as healthy as possible. Eat good food and get exercise. Take breaks from your screen(s).
- Sleep—you do have time.
- Stay in touch with your faculty. Share with us on instagram @PrattFoundation
- Work on your projects with friends; get to know your foundation community. Your first-year peers will help you build a successful academic career throughout your time at Pratt.
- “Be true to your work and your work will be true to you.” —Charles Pratt
- Read your Pratt email!
- Sign up for the Pratt Emergency Alert on your one.pratt.edu account.
- Download the PrattSafe app.