A CLOSE-UP ON LUXURY RETAIL
STRATEGIC RETAIL DESIGN SEMINAR – PARIS, FRANCE
JUNE 24-JULY 1, 2018
REGISTRATION DEPOSIT DEADLINE: MARCH 16
Pratt Alumni receive a 10% discount
Join Pratt instructor Régis Péan, founder and creative director of omni/form for a one-week, non-credit, intensive retail design seminar in Paris, France, the capital of luxury, fashion, and beauty. Learn to understand retail and shopping from “behind the scenes.” Discover how retail stores are strategically conceived and planned, how a shopping experience is built and how customer behavior influences design. Analyze how the world of luxury retail is crafted differently than other channels of distribution and how sales figures dictate design tactics. When you aren’t taking part in site visits and interactive workshops, enjoy cultural activities with fellow participants.
Pratt architecture program alumni
Graduate student in architecture or interior design
MBA student interested in the luxury and retail sectors
MBA student interested in product management
Certified interior designer or licensed architect
Career transitioner or luxury marketing professional
Luxury sales professional
Interior design or architecture enthusiast.
YOU WILL LEARN
How high aspiration in retail is created strategically via:
- entertainment techniques
- emotional connections,
- spatial sequencing
- environmental and product lighting
- visual cueing
- sense activation
- social media tie-ins
The use of design strategies to create experiences for a seductive branded environment.
- Gain an understanding on the design strategies that are applied in retail store design.
- Learn to see stores from the perspective of a designer tasked with creating a branded experience.
- Analyze a brand’s intention and learn tactics on how to translate their goals into a compelling shopping experience
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Régis Péan is the Founder and Creative Director of omni//form. He began his career designing highly conceptual architectural designs at Coop Himmelb(l)au in Austria before moving to New York to develop sophisticated luxury retail concepts for brands like Louis Vuitton, Chanel and Fratelli Rossetti at Peter Marino Architects. As the Global Vice President of Store Design at the Estée Lauder companies, he oversaw the design and strategic development of retail environments for M.A.C cosmetics in more than sixty countries. He subsequently ran the creative agency Studio Red at Rockwell group in New York, where he directed projects for some of the world’s largest brands including Coca-cola, McDonalds and Procter & Gamble. After that, Régis became Creative Director for the cosmetic brand Carol’s Daughter, to develop a new brand identity including product packaging, marketing collateral and a new e-commerce site, as well as designing offices, a spa and retail stores for the brand. In 2009 he decided to concentrate his focus solely on omni//form.
Régis graduated from the Technical University of Vienna, Austria, where he received a bachelor’s degree in science engineering and a master’s degree in architecture. He is a LEED accredited professional and his work has been published in the New York Times, Vogue, Elle, Frame and Interior Design, among others.
Total Program Cost: $4,857 per person in shared occupancy. Single supplement available for $627. 10% discount for Pratt Alumni.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
Detailed trip information including: price breakdown, key dates, general program information, hotel details and tour inclusions, international air details, passport and visa instructions, itinerary, packing list, business etiquette and more can be found on the registration page.
To register, please follow the directions below.
1. VISIT: www.worldstridescapstone.org/register
2. ENTER : Pratt Institute’s Trip ID: 157072
3. CLICK: “Register Now”
4. REVIEW: Summary page and additional tabs and click ‘Register’ in the top right corner.
5. ENTER: Your registration details in the next 4 steps.
6. ACCEPT: WorldStrides Capstone Program’s Terms & Conditions
7. CLICK: “Check-out” to complete registration.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Passport: The registration process requires your passport information. When you are ready to register, please be sure to have your passport on hand. If you do not have your passport when registering, or will be renewing your passport before travel, you can still complete the process and return to the registration site at another time to enter your passport details.
- Visas Not Required: Travel to France does not require U.S. citizens to obtain a visa for entry. All U.S. citizens and non-U.S. citizens with an established U.S. residence will receive a customized Toolkit with full details on your specific visa needs (if applicable). Please read through this toolkit as it contains valuable information on the visa process and how to apply. Your customized online registration website also contains a visa tab which outlines important information on how to fill out the visa application. All participants who do not meet these requirements will be contacted separately for further instructions regarding assistance for your visa needs.
- *If you are a non-U.S. citizen but can provide proof of U.S. residency (utility bill, lease agreement, or driver’s license) please select your State of Residence from the drop down menu.
- Hotel Accommodations: All rooms are based on shared twin occupancy (2 persons per room).
- Single Supplement: If you wish to purchase a single supplement, you can do so on the website. You can also go back into your account at a later date and add this option. All optional items are non-refundable and payment is due upon registering for it. The cost of a single supplement for the duration of the 6-night program is $627
- Roommate Selection: You will have the ability to select your roommate. Please determine who your roommate will be prior so that you can indicate that person on your registration. Please note that the roommate selection cannot begin until at least two people are registered. If your roommate has not yet registered, you can go back in and select roommates after your initial registration. Keep your login info.
- Itinerary: The current working itinerary is listed as a separate tab on the website.
- Flights: International flights are included in the program.
- As mentioned on thee registration page, we have a new program offering option for all WorldStrides Capstone traveling groups – Carbon Offset. We want to do our part for the environment and as part of our GREEN initiative we would like to give you the option to donate a predetermined amount of money to offset your carbon dioxide emissions based on your travel to France. Please note that ALL proceeds will be donated and there has been no management fee added based on the amount.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Contact: Program Director, Suzanne de Vegh 212.647.7299, email@example.com
Images: Louis Vuitton Place Vendome. Photo Credit: ©Louis Vuitton/ Stéphane Muratet.
Street Photography Tour of Havana, Cuba
April 8-14, 2018
Today, in order to visit Cuba from the United States, one must travel as part of an educational group tour. Pratt SCPS, in partnership with International Studies Abroad (ISA), a leader in the travel industry, offers an unforgettable and special opportunity to visit Cuba safely and in complete compliance with United States Department of State regulations. Visa requirements are secured by ISA on behalf of tour participants.
Open to all, this program appeals to artists, photographers, photography enthusiasts, and anyone interested in exploring the beauty and culture of Cuba.
Spend seven days capturing the neighborhoods and beauty of Havana, Cuba, with master photographer and Pratt instructor Federico Savini. Enjoy a guest lecture by a prominent Cuban art critic and curator and field trips to unique cultural and historic locations including: a visit to the Akokán Community Project (an Afrocuban religon’s market,) a day trip to Las Terrazas with a visit to the Sierra del Rosario Biosphere and Soroa Orchid Botanical Garden, a tour of San Carlos de la Cabaña Fortress, a visit to Camara Oscura—offering panoramic views of Old Havana, to name a view. A Cuban ISA representative serves as a guide for the entirety of the trip in addition to the Pratt instructor.
Participant housing is single occupancy rooms in casa particulares (private home stays) in Havana including breakfast and laundry service. Group direct flight from New York City to Havana is included in the tour price.
Post-trip, study tour participants are invited to exhibit a selection of photographs they make in Cuba in a group show at the SCPS Gallery.
Price: $5,348. Includes round trip airfare, accommodations, four meals, activities and excursions, transportation, ISA guide, and travel insurance. All levels welcome. Limited availability. Tour itinerary is subject to change.
PLEASE NOTE: APPLICATION DEADLINE JANUARY 12, 2018
For complete tour price and further information please contact Program Director, Suzanne de Vegh at firstname.lastname@example.org or 212.647.7299.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Federico Savini is an artist and photographer, with an MFA in fine arts from the Complutense University of Madrid and a Master’s degree in digital photography from the School of Visual Arts, New York. He has shown his work in Europe and the United States. An extensive and avid traveler he is fluent in Italian, Spanish, and English. Recently he has traveled to Cuba from the east to the west, interacting with locals in the urban centers of Havana, Santiago, Baracoa, and Holguin as well as in the countryside. Federico teaches digital photography and until recently, was the manager of the darkroom and photography facilities at the Pratt Manhattan Center. Federico curated over 150 art exhibitions at the School of Continuing and Professional Studies Gallery. Currently he works in the graduate fine arts department at the Institute.