Pratt’s summer PreCollege provides students with an opportunity to build their art and design skills, create a portfolio of their work, and explore possibilities for study and employment in creative fields. Classes are modeled after Pratt’s undergraduate curriculum, taught by experienced faculty and alumni in order to provide students with a rich and immersive educational experience. The college-level coursework equips students with four elective college credits accepted at Pratt and most colleges and universities.
We are currently planning changes for PreCollege Summer 2021 so we can continue to provide an intensive and safe experience for students to pursue their creative passions. Please check back later for updates.
Why Should You Attend?
- Get a head start on college and experience living and studying with peers from across the country and around the world.
- Explore undergraduate programs of study in fine art, design, architecture, creative writing, cultural studies, or other creative fields to help inform your college major decision.
- Develop your skills through college-level coursework and earn four elective college credits.
- Build a body of work for your college admission portfolio.
- Meet students from diverse backgrounds with similar creative interests and make life-long friendships.
- Live and study on Pratt’s beautiful Brooklyn campus and take advantage of the world-renowned museums and cultural organizations across New York City for inspiration.
Each summer nearly 400 high school students from across the country and around the globe are invited to Pratt’s Brooklyn campus to participate in PreCollege. Over the course of four weeks, students are immersed in art studio practice and experience life as a college student taking two rigorous studio classes complemented by liberal arts courses Monday through Friday. Weekday evenings are spent working on projects in Pratt’s undergraduate studio spaces and participating in educational lectures and events.
During the weekend, students enjoy cultural and social events on campus and have guided and non-guided opportunities to explore New York City. PreCollege offers the chance to experience what it is like to study at Pratt while developing the skills and confidence to be the artists, designers, and creative thinkers of the future. The program culminates in a final exhibition of student work curated in gallery spaces across campus and attended by family, friends, and summer faculty. PreCollege students leave enriched, empowered, and ready to be our future artists, designers, and creative thinkers.
Brooklyn Campus Tours
Campus tours are provided through the Office of Admissions, Monday–Friday. Tours last approximately one hour. To arrange for a campus tour, please call the Admissions office at 718.636.3514 or email email@example.com.
Have a question? Visit our FAQ page.