PreCollege students have the opportunity to:
- Experience studying art, design, architecture, or creative writing at a college level.
- Build skills using a variety of tools, materials, and techniques.
- Develop a body of work to build a college admissions portfolio.
- Join a community of students who share your interests.
- Explore undergraduate majors and get a preview of the college experience at Pratt.
Every summer, Pratt invites high school students to participate in an immersive college-level program at its Brooklyn campus. Intensive courses are offered in disciplines of art, design, architecture, and creative writing, supporting students to discover their creative passion, develop technical skills, and build a strong portfolio for college admission while earning elective college credits.
Students unable to join us on campus are invited to take part in our summer programming online.
Fall and spring Programs
Fall and spring classes are designed for students to develop their creative voice and build skills in art, design, and creative thinking while completing their high school studies. Class offerings are modeled after Pratt’s undergraduate offerings and the courses include non-credit or credit-bearing options. Please check if offerings are online or in-person.