The Pratt Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) facilitates the institute’s data informed decision-making initiatives. The office provides accurate and reliable information that is used for planning, policy formation, decision-making and analysis in support of institutional objectives and priorities.
The office is also the primary source for all official institutional data used to meet both internal and external reporting needs. The Office of Institutional Research plays an important role in data reporting, data integrity, survey development and research, course evaluations, analytics and assessment of programs and student learning. The office adheres to the Association for Institutional Research’s Code of Ethics.
Responsibilities for the IR office include the following:
- Gathering data from internal and external sources for strategic planning and assessment
- Supporting assessment of programs by providing statistical information for external reviews
- Supporting institute planning through providing relevant information
- Coordinating mandated reporting, including IPEDS, Student Right to Know, and Higher Education Opportunity Act
- Provide information needed for consortium partnerships such as AICAD data exchanges and others.
- Respond to information requests and surveys that serve the interests of the institute.
Osundwa F. Wanjera, PhD
Director of Institutional Research
Associate Director of Research
Senior Research Analyst
200 Willoughby Avenue
ISC Suite 304
Brooklyn, NY 11205