Parent Mail Services Information
This page is the primary resource for the parents of students living in on-campus dorms.
It is always nice to receive mail from home! We realize how important mail is to our students. We hope the information below will help to ensure your student receives their mail in the most expeditious manner possible.
- Only students who are living on campus are allowed to receive mail/packages at the Mail Center.
- Mail Services will not deliver packages to anyone other than the addressed recipient of the package, without exceptions.
- Students must present their Pratt ID to be able to pick up packages at the pickup window.
- Packages will be returned to the sender as “UNDELIVERABLE” if they are not picked up within 15 business days.
- Letters or packages sent without a delivery/tracking confirmation cannot be tracked.
- REFRIGERATED MEDICINE: Please contact our Health Services Department to arrange a special delivery for any medicine that needs special handling.
- PERISHABLES: The Mail Center is not equipped to store perishable items and cannot be held responsible for spoilage.
- DO NOT SEND CASH THROUGH THE MAIL: Gift cards, prepaid credit cards, or money orders are a safer alternative.
HOW TO ADDRESS YOUR STUDENT’S MAIL
Each student residing on-campus will be assigned a unique unit number to include in their mailing address. The given unit number remains the same as long as they live on campus (regardless of a room change).
Please be advised that the student’s dorm address differs from their mailing address.
The unit number is given to the student directly. You must obtain this information from your student since it is given to them exclusively.
The mailing address format is:
Full Name (As it appears on their Pratt ID, NO NICKNAMES)
200 Willoughby Avenue, Unit XXXXX
Brooklyn, NY 11205
200 Willoughby Avenue, Unit 57500
Brooklyn, NY 11205
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT MISS-ADDRESSES MAIL!
- Mail may not reach Pratt if “Box or PO Box” is used instead of “Unit.” Be sure to use the correct address format as instructed above.
- Our software’s database uses the student’s official name (as in their Pratt ID).
- Mail with nicknames, middle names, etc., can mislead the Mail Services staff and risk the mail being delayed, misdelivered, or returned to the sender.
- If there is a preferred name your child wishes to use permanently, they can request to update their chosen name at the onePratt website. Once approved, they must reach out to Reslife and Mail Services to add the chosen name to their profile.
MAIL PREPARATION & PICK UP PROCEDURE
Student mail is received daily. A notification email/text message will be sent to your student’s Pratt email address or provided mobile number when the items are ready for pick up. With our new Smart Lockers, students have 24hr access to pick up packages.
We cannot authorize parents or legal guardians to pick up packages on behalf of their students.
NOTE: Some carriers might provide delivery confirmation when a package enters our Zip Code, but this does not mean the mail or package was delivered to the Institute. Students should wait for a Mail Services notification before picking up their package.
Students may contact Mail Services if more than one business day has passed from the expected delivery date.