2023-2024 Graduate Tuition and Fees
Welcome to our Tuition and Fees page for Graduate students. If you would like to see the tuition by specific program that includes required fees, estimated living expenses and other costs, please visit Graduate Cost of Attendance.
- Graduate Credits: No flat rate: $2,058.00 per credit
- Graduate School of Information: No flat rate: $1,671.00 per credit
Fees vary according to program.
ACADEMIC FACILITIES FEES
- Full-time (Fall and Spring): $350 Per semester
- Part-time (Fall and Spring): $195 Per semester
- Summer Term All Students: $195 Per semester
- Winter Term All Students : $195 Per Semester
- Full-time (Fall and Spring): $305 Per semester
- Part-time (Fall and Spring): $155 Per semester
- Summer Term All Students: $155 Per semester
- Winter Term All Students: $155 Per Semester
STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES FEE (MANDATORY FEE THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE)
**Waived for Study Abroad Students
- Full-time (Fall and Spring): $200 Per semester
- Part-time (Fall and Spring): $102 Per semester
STUDENT ACTIVITIES FEE
**Waived for Study Abroad Students
- Full-Time (Fall and Spring): $116 Per semester
- Part-Time (Fall and Spring): $93 Per Semester
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT SERVICE FEE
- International Students (Full-time): $100 Per Semester (Fall and Spring)
- International Students (Part-Time): $75 Per Semester (Fall and Spring)
HEALTH INSURANCE FEE 2023-2024
- $1,265.00 Fall Semester
- $1,726.50 Spring Semester
- GEOBLUE (International Student Insurance) – **Varies on length of stay
(Required for all students studying abroad except for Copenhagen)
TUITION INSURANCE FEE 2023-2024
- Per semester $195.00
*Students may opt out of this service for the year and waive the fee using the Tuition Insurance Waiver. Approved waivers for the Fall term, will be used to automatically waive the fee for the Spring term.
SHOP SAFETY COURSE (SCHOOL OF ART AND SCHOOL OF DESIGN)
- $100 Flat fee in addition to all other charges.
ARCHITECTURE SHOP FEES
**Waived for Study Abroad Students
- $100 Annually
STUDY ABROAD FEES
- Study Abroad fee: $400
DIGITAL ARTS FEES
- All 100/200/300 Level Courses: $45 per course
- All 400/500 Level Courses: $55 per course
- All 600 level Courses: $65 per course
FINE ARTS SHOP FEES ( PER COURSE)
- ALL 200-600 Level Courses in Sculpture $ 60
- All 200-600 Level Courses in Ceramics $50
- Students not enrolled in Ceramics courses but requesting use of the ceramics facility and clay $75
- All 200-600 Level Courses in Jewelry $45
- All 200-600 Level Courses in Printmaking $45
- FINE ART STUDIO FINE $250
To be charged for not cleaning out at the end of the semester
DEDUCT THE DEWAR’S TUITION INSURANCE FEE IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED YOUR WAIVER ONLINE.
Students are accessed 100% of all fees when dropping classes and incurring penalties during the drop/add period.
Dormitory and meal plans are charged by the Residential Life Office. Payment is expected in full for these charges by the payment due date. If a charge is incorrect or missing, please contact Residential Life at 718.399.4550 immediately to make adjustments on your invoice and to verify your assignment. You can always check any changes to your bill online at my.pratt.edu
MANDATORY MEDICAL INSURANCE
All students are required to have medical insurance. Pratt charges all students every semester to ensure each student is covered. For those students with existing medical coverage, an online waiver must be completed by the waiver deadline in order to avoid the student health insurance fee. You will be required to waive the insurance once each semester at the Pratt Waiver website.
For information regarding your medical insurance options, please contact the Health Services office 718.399.4542 or visit: www.pratt.edu/about/offices/finance-and-administration/student-financial-services/student-health-insurance/.
Students and community 50% of the published “per credit” tuition rate for each course.
Pratt Alumni 40% of the published “per credit “tuition rate for each course.
All persons auditing courses are charged 100% of all fees.
A registration fee will be charged to persons not matriculated during the semester in which the courses (s) are audited
ZERO CREDIT INTERNSHIPS
Zero credit internships may have billing credits which are charged at 30% of the “per credit” rate.
All zero credit internships are charged 100% of all fees.
Pratt Institute Refund Policy
For all students, the following course withdrawal penalty schedules apply:
FOR THE FALL AND SPRING ACADEMIC YEAR
- Full Refund: Withdrawal prior to and including the opening day of the term
- 85% Tuition Refund: Withdrawal from the second through the eighth day of the term
- 70% Tuition Refund: Withdrawal from the ninth through the 15th day of the term
- 55% Tuition Refund: Withdrawal from the 16th through the 22nd day of the term
- No Refund: Withdrawal after the 22nd day of the term
SUMMER 2023 REFUND POLICY
- Prior to and including May22 : Full Refund
- May 23 – June 3 : 55% Refund
- After June 3 : No Refund
Winter 2024 Refund Policy
- Prior to and including December 22, 2023 : Full Refund
- December 23, 2023 – January 4, 2024 : 55% Refund
- After January 5, 2024 : No Refund
VA AND THIRD PARTY COMPANY BILLING
- Students must provide written documentation from the third party billing sponsor advising how much and when payment will be received for a given semester. The documentation should come from the third party billing sponsor and indicate the term the funds being received are for. The documentation should also clearly state whether any excess funds are to be refunded to the student or sent back to the third party billing sponsor.
- Students will be financially cleared only in the event the third party billing sponsor is covering tuition, fees and any other charges in full. THE INSTITUTE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO BLOCK FUTURE REGISTRATIONS IN THE EVENT THE THIRD PARTY BILLING SPONSOR HAS NOT PAID THEIR PORTION PRIOR TO THE BEGINNING OF A SUBSEQUENT SEMESTER.
- Students will not be financially cleared in the event the third party billing sponsor is only covering a portion of the tuition and fees unless the portion not covered by the third party sponsor is paid in full by some other means.
- Students can apply for refunds only in the event that the third party billing sponsor letter has been received and either payment in full is as a result of the letter, or additional financial aid must be in an approved status at the time the letter is presented. Refunds are not available until after the drop/add period ends for each semester.
- Students should bring or send the original documentation to Mr. Lloyd Noel – Student Financial Services – 200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205 Myrtle Hall 6th Floor.
- Third party billing sponsors are typically not billed until after the drop period ends each semester in order to ensure there are no future changes to registration. Students are ultimately responsible for any changes that occur to billing after the third party sponsor payment has been received.
- Questions concerning VA Billing for Chapter 33 are handled by the Registrar’s Office, Ms. Charlotte Outlaw-Yorker – 200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn NY 11205 Myrtle Hall 6th Floor.
1098T Tax Credit Information
In years prior to 2018, your 1098T included a figure in Box 2 that represented the Qualified Tuition and Related Expenses (QTRE) we billed to your student account for the calendar (tax) year.
Due to a change in institutional reporting requirements under federal law, beginning with tax year 2018, (forms you received in 2019 and beyond ) we will report in Box 1 the amount of QTRE you paid during the year.
Your 1098T may or may not include all payments made in a tax year. Qualified payments are based on qualified charges and may not be the total amount paid in a tax year. Your Box 1 may be blank as a result.
In certain instances, Box 5 may be greater than Box 1 in which case you should consult a tax advisor.
Depending on your income (or your family’s income, if you are a dependent), whether you were considered enrolled full or half-time, and the amount of your qualified educational expenses for the year, you may be eligible for a federal education tax credit. (You can find detailed information about claiming education tax credits in IRS Publication 970, page 9.)
The dollar amounts reported on your Form 1098T may assist you in completing IRS Form 8863 – the form used for calculating the education tax credits that a taxpayer may claim as part of your tax return.
Heartland ECSI will have 1098T information in their system. beginning with the year 2017. For any forms older than 2017 please contact the sfs Office directly.
We can only provide reprints for a prior year.
Current year forms are only available through July 1.
We cannot give tax information therefore it is best to talk to an accountant to determine if you qualify. If your form is not available online, please contact us at email@example.com.
For a complete copy of your tuition bill for tax purposes, please contact Student Financial Services directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please visit www.ecsi.net/taxinfo.html for information regarding your tax documents and to obtain contact information for Heartland ECSI.
IRS Pub 970 www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf
IRS Form 8863 www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8863.pdf
For Canadian Students: Please provide the Canadian form to Ms. Yvette Mack , Myrtle Hall 6th Floor, to be completed and returned to you. You may also submit your form to email@example.com .
Late Fees, Interest, and Return (Bounce Check) Fees
A late fee of $200 will be charged for any unpaid balance after the initial disbursement of financial aid has been applied for each semester.
The Return Check fee is $25. The Institute reserves the right not to accept any subsequent personal checks after a check has been bounced.
General and Miscellaneous Fees
- Application Fee: $60
- Application Fee: International Students $90
- Acceptance Deposit: $500
- Residence Deposit: $300
- Diploma: $35
- Parking Permit: $200 – Lost or stolen Permits: $25 – apply for your permit here: https://www.pratt.edu/the-institute/public-safety/parking/
- A. Deposit: $100
- B. Fee: 30% of the Graduate per credit rate 2023-2024 $617
- C. Fee: 30% of the Graduate rate School of Information 2023-2024 $501
- Regular Request (Internet): $7.50 (include $2.50 Clearing House Cost)
- Express (Internet): $12.50
- Other (In Person): $15
- U.P.S. Service: (Internet) $18.50
LIBRARY LATE FINES
Interlibrary Loan and ConnectNY items: $1/day
Multimedia equipment: $5/day
LIBRARY LOST ITEM REPLACEMENT FEES
Film & Video: $90
Multimedia equipment: full cost of item
- $60 Lock (Core) Replacement – Residential Life
- $30 Key Replacement Residential Life
- $25 Unreturned Mailbox Key