Pratt HEOP students will have to reapply for readmission into the program if they were placed on “Academic Leave of Absence” by the program due to poor academic performance, decided to take a “Leave of Absence” from Pratt, or were “Dismissed” by Pratt Institute due to poor academic performance. Reapplication should be submitted by May 1 in order to return for the Fall Semester and November 1 to return for the Spring semester.
HEOP students who were placed on “Academic Leave of Absence” or took a “Leave of Absence” will be allowed to petition for readmission into the program after one semester of the leave. They will need to do the following:
- Write a letter to the HEOP Director expressing interest to return. The letter should be submitted May 1st in order to return for the Fall semester and November 1st to return for the Fall semester.
- If given the approval to return, fill out a Pratt Institute readmission form: https://www.pratt.edu/resources/undergraduate-application-requirements-returning-students/
HEOP students who were “Dismissed” by Pratt Institute will need to do the following:
- Write a “Letter of Appeal” to the Academic Committee petitioning to be re-admitted into Pratt Institute. The letter should be submitted by November 1st in order to return for the Spring semester and April 1st to return for the Fall semester.
- Once Pratt Institute approves readmission, write a letter immediately to the HEOP Director expressing an interest to return. Returning to HEOP is on a space-available basis and is offered a month before to the beginning of the Fall and Spring semester.
All re-admit student must submit the following to the HEOP office:
- Complete and provide a copy of Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete and provide a copy of the Tuition Assistance Program Application (TAP)
- Parent / Student Income Taxes (request IRS Tax Transcript)
- Parent/ Student Income Documentation from Social Service, Social Security
- If Taxes were not filed by Parent/Student, request non-filer Tax Transcript from IRS
Questions? Contact us at 718-636-3524 or email@example.com