Skip to content

International Student Internships

International students must file for CPT for any off-campus work including paid or unpaid internships and volunteer opportunities. International students must complete one (1) full year of study before becoming eligible for CPT.

If you are interning in any situation (paid or unpaid) you must complete the Curricular Practical Training requirements to obtain an I-20 form for each internship. Please reference the Office of International Affairs information on Curricular Practical Training (CPT) (