Pratt Institute accepts credit for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level, and College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP) exams with acceptable scores. Exams must be taken prior to matriculation at Pratt. Official copies of score reports must be sent to Pratt so that a complete credit evaluation may be done at acceptance. Students must notify the school of all tests prior to their first semester in order to be considered for transfer credit.
Viewing Exam Results on File
1. Log into your one.pratt.edu account. (Forget your OneKey?)
2. Click the Self Service tab.
3. Click on the ‘Test Scores’ tab and any results on file will be listed.
Any credited exam can be viewed on your transcript and degree audit.
Transcript: listed as Credit Type (CRD TYP) of ‘E’.
Degree Audit: listed as ‘*NE’ (Non-course Equivalency).
For students who began attendance prior to Fall 2012, please send an email from your Pratt email account to the Registrar’s Office.
Advanced Placement Credit Policy
Pratt Institute accepts up to a maximum of nine (9) total AP credits with a score or four (4) or five (5) in all subject areas.
AP credits will be applied, in the degree audit, to all-Institute elective credits only, with the following exceptions.
- Students who score a four (4) or five (5) on the AP Art History exam will receive credit for HAD 111
- Students who score a four (4) or five (5) on either the AP English Language and Composition exam or on the AP English Literature and Composition exam will be awarded credit for HMS 101A.
(Revised April 2020)
International Baccalaureate Policy
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma recipients beginning with Fall 2018 applicants may receive transfer credits for Higher-Level courses in which they earn a score of five (5) or higher. Pratt Institute does not award transfer credit for IB Visual Arts courses or exams.
- Table of Equivalencies for Higher Level IB Exams (score of 5 or higher for diploma recipients)