Improve retention efforts, professional development, and career advancement opportunities to support diverse faculty, administration, and staff from underrepresented groups.
- Provide internal and external professional development opportunities for faculty and staff that identify as Black, Latinx, Native/Indigenous, and Asian American/Pacific Islander (BIPOC).
- Create a leadership development program for BIPOC faculty and staff, and encourage participation in the AICAD BIPOC Academic Leadership Institute.
- Develop mentoring programs for BIPOC faculty and staff.
- Design academic research programs and opportunities for diverse faculty and staff to showcase their work.
- Increase social and professional engagement among diverse faculty and staff across the institution.
- Launch the DEI Faculty Fellowship program to support alignment between institutional and academic DEI goals.
RESULTS TO DATE:
- Compensation Studies for Faculty and Staff with Salary Equity Adjustments
- Hosted Focus Groups for Faculty and Staff – People of Color, Disabilities, and LGBTQ+
- Added DEI Language for Academic Senate Committee Nominations and Candidate Statements
- Annual participants in AICAD BIPOC Academic Leadership Institute
- Hosted Faculty Art and Design Slam (FADS) event
- Provided BIPOC Research Seed Grant Funding
- Launched Nivati, a new mental health support resource