Welcome to the Council
The Resilience, Wellness and Well-Being Council celebrates a holistic approach to education and student / alumni success by expanding awareness of the pathways, support and opportunities to build and sustain resilience, wellness and well-being for all of Pratt’s community members. Through providing resources, tiered support and care, staff, student and faculty training and development, and related initiatives for alumni, the Council advances the work of Pratt’s creative community through mindful inquiry and engaged contemplative pedagogy.
The Council supports the pillars of Pratt’s strategic plan through resource sharing and development in student and academic affairs, curricular and co-curricular workshops and coursework in flourishing and resilience, research and application of mindful inquiry, and contemplative community dialogues to ensure Pratt’s commitment to student success is widely recognized as a significant creative value of a Pratt education, housed in a holistic workplace, alongside an engaged community of practice.
The Council’s support and strategic initiatives recognize holistic excellence in life and academics and elevate a wide range of practices. We work to actively expand the resilience, wellness and well-being of Pratt artists, designers, architects, and information scientists to better reflect the diverse world in which we live.
The Council serves as an evolving example and resource for how an engaged community of staff, faculty, students and alumni can impact future generations of Pratt creatives.
What We Value – Our Priorities
Institute Strategic Plan goals
The Council’s committees for purposeful action will operationalize the following goals of the pillars of the Institute Strategic plan.
- Academic Excellence
- Ensure educational equity for all students by creating multiple pathways to academic excellence. We are dedicated to providing all our students the opportunity to attain their maximum creative and academic potential. Read More
- Student Success
- Become a leader within the Association of Independent Colleges of Art and Design in the percentage of students who are flourishing and exhibiting well-being. We will identify well-being and flourishing as outcomes of a Pratt education, with a timeline for regular assessment, including among alumni.
- Promote student personal growth and engagement both inside and outside of the studio and the classroom. Read More
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Creating a welcoming environment. With the recently updated Pratt Community Standards as a guiding framework, we will ensure that all students and faculty feel valued and respected in every Pratt classroom and studio, in a learning environment that supports students, faculty, and staff to facilitate student success. Read More
- Global Education
- Improve the experience and overall culture for international students at Pratt Institute. We will support teaching, learning, and integration for international students and all faculty, including through cross-departmental engagement that ensures best practices are followed in classroom management. We will provide a seamless, user-friendly software system that facilitates study for global and international students, and address issues around immigration and enrollment. Read More
- Civic Engagement
- Establish civic literacy as a learning goal and ensure that every student acquires it. We will cultivate Pratt students’ knowledge of the fundamental concepts of human rights and governance, their familiarity with key historical developments and social movements, and their ability to think critically about complex matters that have public consequences. Read More
The Resilience Council for Spring’21
Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs and Visiting Associate Professor
Professional Development Specialist at the CCPD and Vice President of the Staff Council
Coordinator for Health Education and Promotion in Student Affairs
Nurse Practitioner in Health Services
Supervising Psychologist in Counseling Services
Ane Lara Gonzalez
Assistant Professor in Undergraduate Architecture
Associate Director of Research and Strategic Projects in Interactive Services
Associate Athletic Director for Recreation in Athletics & Recreation
Assistant Chairperson & Adjunct Assistant Professor in Creative Arts Therapy
Advisor in Undergraduate Advisement
Administrative Manager and Assessment Coordinator in Counseling Services
Program Director & Visiting Instructor at the School of Continuing and Professional Studies
Director at the Center for Teaching and Learning
Kristopher Holman Hudson
Program Coordinator at the Higher Education Opportunity Program
Assistant Director Experiential Learning at the Center for Career & Professional Development
Adjunct Associate Professor in Grad ComD
Robert Bracket III
Adjunct Assistant Professor in Undergraduate Architecture
Senior in Industrial Design
GA for Project
Graduate student in Information Experience Design
Tyler Cino Maradiaga
Program Coordinator at the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion