School of Information: Course Registration
Registration for new incoming students
New students across all SI master’s degree programs entering in the fall semester will be contacted in mid-July to set up appointments for advisement and registration. New students entering in the spring semester will be contacted in mid-November/early December.
Registration for continuing students
Continuing students can register on their own online via OnePratt. Typically, registration for spring semester courses begins in early November and registration for summer and fall semester courses begins in early April. Exact registration dates are determined by the registrar and are assigned based on seniority (i.e., the closer you are to graduating, the earlier you can register).
Advisement is highly recommended but is not required for course approval and registration. If you don’t know who your faculty advisor is, the advisor-advisee list can be found on the bulletin boards outside the School of Information Office as well as on this webpage.
In helping you plan your course of study, a two-year course schedule plan is available. This two-year course schedule plan was developed using information available such as student enrollment information, advanced certificate declarations, projected enrollments, curriculum requirements, student stated interests in admissions files, among other sources of information. Note that while the School plans to offer these courses in future semesters, we cannot guarantee that all courses will be offered (e.g., elective courses typically require 6 students to run, curriculum additions/revisions take place regularly, etc.).
Additional resources to inform course selection include course syllabi available on the school website, and course evaluations available in the Pratt Manhattan Center library (4th floor).
Step 1: Find Out Your Registration Date And Check For Holds On Your Account
- Log on to OnePratt.
Check your registration date by going toSelf Service > Students > Planning & Registration > Student Planning > Go to Plan & Schedule. You’ll land on your plan for the current semester. Click on > next to the “term” to get to the relevant semester’s plan. Your registration date and time will be listed right below the term in a blue information box.
- It’ll look something like this – “Your registration will begin on April 11 at 8:30 PM.” This means that you may register for and make changes to your registration from April 11 at 8:30 PM onwards.
- If there are holds on your account, they will appear at the top right of your screen. Please resolve the hold(s) on your account as soon as possible as they will prevent you from registering on your assigned registration date.
- – Health & Counseling hold – P: 718 399-4542 | E: email@example.com
- – Bursar’s Office hold – P: 718 636-3539 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- – Records Incomplete hold – P: 718 636-3663 | E: email@example.com
- – OIA hold – P: 718 636-3674 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: Look Up The Upcoming Course Schedule And Place Courses On Your Worksheet For Approval
Before you can register, courses must be placed on your plan and approved by the School of Information office.
- Log on to OnePratt and go to Self Service > Course Catalog.
- A list of subjects will appear on the screen. Use the search bar and type in “Information”. Once the list of INFO courses shows up, filter the results further by selecting the relevant semester from the menu on the left.
- Look through the list of courses. To place a course you want to register for on your plan, click on “View available section(s) for INFO-XXX”, which will show you the class meeting time(s) and location(s). To add the course and section to your plan, select “Add section to schedule”. You must do this for each course that you wish to register for.
- Add backup courses to your plan in the event that you do not get a spot in your first choice. Be mindful of prerequisites.
- When you’re done adding courses to your plan, click on “Student Planning” under the “Academics” tab at the top of the screen. Click on “Go to Plan & Schedule” in Box #2. Click on > to get to the relevant semester. You’ll see the courses that you’ve just added to your plan and they’ll all have a status of “Planned” in yellow
- To get the courses on your plan approved, go to the “Advising” tab and select “Request Review” on the right. This will send an approval request to the advisor listed on your plan. Regardless of who your official assigned advisor is in the program, Quinn Lai, or Meredith Brull, Assistant Director of Academic Programs and Services, will be approving your plan. You will receive an email confirming that your plan has been approved within 1 business day. The courses listed on your plan will then have a green “Approved” status. Please get your plans approved well in advance of your assigned registration date. If you are assigned to register beginning on the first day of registration, make sure that your plan has been approved by the week prior.
Step 3. Register On Your Assigned Day And Time
- At your assigned registration day and time, log in to OnePratt.
- Click on “Self Service” at the top of the screen. Click on the “Student Planning” box. Click on “Go to Plan & Schedule” in Box #2. You will see your approved course plan for the relevant semester. Select “Register Now” on the right.
Here’s a guide on how to use the Student Planning System.
Registering as a Part-time Student
Scholarships awarded at time of admission are for full-time study, however, students maintaining a 3.5 GPA can petition to study part-time and retain their scholarship. Please consult the policy and petition form for more information.
Still have questions? Contact the School of Information Office at email@example.com