New Campus Testing, Orientation, and What’s Going On?
Current campus conditions remain yellow to start the semester.
- Entry Testing: Everyone is strongly encouraged to take a rapid COVID-19 test within 24 hours before returning to campus, in an effort to protect one another and our community. Be sure you know the differences from last year’s requirements.
- Isolation: If you test positive with a new infection, you must complete your isolation period before returning to campus or residence halls. Tests are encouraged after travel and large gatherings.
- New COVID-19 Testing Process:: Next week, Pratt’s on-campus testing program will shift to a new self-administered process. Tests will be available for pick up and drop off on Monday and Tuesday, 9 AM–5 PM, at four locations. Details about the new program are available at Back to Pratt. A Health+Hospitals mobile testing clinic will be available on Saturday, August 21, 8 AM–7 PM, at 550 Myrtle Avenue outside the Film/Video Building for PCR and rapid testing.
- Additional Policy Updates: Updated policies for on-campus events and access for guests/vendors/contractors can be found at Back to Pratt.
- Monkeypox: Everyone should carefully review and follow CDC and New York City monkeypox guidance on transmission, symptoms, treatment, vaccination for people at higher risk, and what to do if you may have been exposed. Any campus-related updates for monkeypox will be posted on the Health Advisories page.
- Prepare for the Fall Semester: Remember to submit any outstanding required primary vaccination, booster dose, or social contract documentation. If you completed the following requirements in fall 2021 or spring 2022, you do not need to resubmit them.
What’s Going On?
- Orientation:Welcome to our new students! Set your schedule for orientation activities, tours, and social events through the new Pratt.edu events calendar.
- CCPD Update: Due to construction, the Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) office in East Hall will close on August 1, but CCPD will remain open virtually during the semester to help guide students and alumni through their internships, job searches, and career explorations. Students and alumni can contact CCPD at email@example.com and visit the website for more information on resources and events.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.