theSUMMIT – Escape from Gravity
March 1, 2019 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) invites you to attend theSUMMIT – Escape from Gravity, an interdisciplinary fine arts, writing, and media and cultural studies event operating at the intersection of professional development and cultural change.
The goal of theSUMMIT is to challenge structures dominating the art world and seek out alternative creative methodologies and practices. theSUMMIT is defined by three themes:
- Sustainable professional communities
- Researching and navigating changing values in arts industries
- Nontraditional forms of distribution
Students and Alumni: RSVP
Companies/Organizations: Tabling at theSUMMIT is an opportunity for you to showcase your organization’s creative and professional work, and join the ongoing dialogue among students and artists about the future of the creative industry.
- Art Education
- Art History
- Arts & Cultural Management
- Creative Arts Therapy
- Critical & Visual Studies
- Creative Writing
- Media Studies
- Performance & Performance Studies
- Fine Arts: Painting, Jewelry, Sculpture, Printmaking, Drawing
If your company is interested in participating please contact Deborah Yanagisawa at email@example.com.