- The Registrar’s Office must have the student’s written request or authorization to issue a transcript. Parents cannot authorize the Registrar’s Office to mail a transcript.
- Official Transcripts bear the Institute’s seal and Registrar’s signature.
- Partial transcripts are not issued. A transcript is a complete record of all work completed at Pratt.
- Allow five (5) business days after receipt of the transcript request for the transcript to be mailed. At certain peak times, such as registration and commencement, the processing time may be longer.
- Transcripts are not released until a student’s account has been paid in full.
- Copies of transcripts from other schools that were attended must be requested directly from those schools. The Registrar’s office cannot release or copy transcripts in a student’s file.
Official transcripts may be ordered in three ways: online, by mail, or in person. Please note: if your record has a financial hold, your transcript will not be processed until the hold is cleared.
All transcript requests must have the following information to be processed:
- Name while attending Pratt Institute
- Last 4 digits of social security number or 7-digit Pratt ID number
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- Dates of attendance and/or graduation date
- Transcript recipient and destination information
Request an official transcript online through the National Student Clearinghouse. eTranscript service (secure download link sent to recipient via email) starts at $8.50. Regular transcript service (printed and sent to recipient via USPS first-class mail) starts at $7.50. You can upload additional forms to accompany your transcript if needed. A valid credit or debit card is required to place an order online.
Unofficial transcripts are available to students free of charge. Currently enrolled students can view and download their own unofficial transcript through Student Self Service. Click “Academics” in the main menu and go to “Unofficial Transcript.”
Request an official transcript through the mail with a Transcript Request Form. Transcripts requested by mail are $15 and will be processed within 3-5 business days of receipt. Send your completed request form with a check or money order (no cash) to:
Office of the Registrar
200 Willoughby Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11205
Order an official transcript in person at the Registrar’s office on the 6th floor of Myrtle Hall (536 Myrtle Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11205) during regular business hours. Pay for your transcript with a credit or debit card at the adjacent Student Financial Services window after placing your order at the Registrar window. Transcripts requested in person are $15 per copy. Requests to send official transcripts by mail will be processed in three to five business days.