The Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI) Allies Training Certificate Program educates the Pratt community on important terms and concepts integral to an in-depth understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
DEI Allies are full-time and part-time faculty and staff that actively promote and advance diversity, equity, and inclusion through intentional, conscious, and constructive efforts that benefit the entire Pratt community.
- Increase awareness of various dimensions of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Understand and examine intersections of identities, and how they affect individuals and their relationships with others
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all Pratt community members
- Build a community of DEI Allies to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts across campus
The DEI Allies Training Certificate Program requires completion of all four foundational sessions – Allyship & Intersectionality, Bias & Microaggressions, Cultural Appreciation, and Gender & Sexuality. All virtual training sessions will be conducted over Zoom 90 minutes, and capped at a maximum of 45 participants.
Allyship & Intersectionality
This workshop discusses the expectations of being an ally and the active nature of allyship. Participants will explore intersectionality by learning about primary and secondary identities and how they interplay with each other to create unique experiences for individuals.
- Thursday, February 2 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Thursday, March 2 @ 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, April 4 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
Bias & Microaggressions
This workshop will have participants analyze how power and privilege influence oppression, discrimination, and stereotypes, and how that creates conscious and subconscious bias leading to microaggressions.
- Wednesday, February 8 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Monday, March 6 @ 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Tuesday, April 11 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
This workshop helps participants understand how to navigate learning about and interacting with multicultural communities by examining the meanings of cultural awareness, appreciation, appropriation, and acceptance.
- Thursday, February 16 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Tuesday, March 21 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Thursday, April 20 @ 2:30pm – 4:00pm
Gender & Sexuality
This workshop explores the intricate differences between sex assigned at birth, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Participants will learn about LGBTQ+ identities, gender, and sexuality, and examine prejudice, assumptions, and privilege.
- Tuesday, February 21 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
- Thursday, March 30 @ 2:30pm – 4:00pm
- Wednesday, April 26 @ 10:30am – 12:00pm
To register for the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Allies Training Certificate Program session(s) of your choice, click here to sign up. A calendar invitation will be sent to your Pratt email. Please accept the calendar invitation to confirm your attendance. Part-time faculty can submit a stipend form to receive a $100.00 stipend for the completion of each DEI Allies session.
DEI Resource Guides
- Anti-Racism Resources
- Asian American & Pacific Islander Resources
- Black Resources
- Disability Resources
- Inclusive Language Resources
- Latinx & Undocumented Resources
- LGBTQ+ Resources
- Native & Indigenous Resources
For any questions or accommodations, please contact email@example.com.