Skip to content

I am already on a leave of absence and outside of the US. If I want to take online only classes this fall from my home country, do I need to apply for a new I-20 from Pratt?


Under the new guidance, as a student in their home country taking online classes, you do not need an I-20 for the fall semester. If you want to register for online classes for the fall, please send an email to the Registrar’s office about your return at If you have an OIA Hold, then please fill out the International Student Form (the ISF) and make the following remark: “I am returning from a leave of absence, taking classes only online, and remaining in my home country. I do not need an I-20.” You would need to request your new I-20 for the semester you return to the United States and Pratt in-person.