Fall Planning, Testing Update, Monkeypox Guidance, and What’s Going On?
- New Back to Pratt: New school year, new Back to Pratt section of Pratt’s new website. The content has been streamlined and updated for the coming semester. All COVID-related news and guidelines will be kept up to date on the Back to Pratt page and this newsletter will continue to be published each Friday…for as long as we need it!
- New COVID-19 Testing Process: Starting August 22, Pratt’s on-campus testing program will shift to a new self-administered process. Tests will be available for pick up and drop off on Monday and Tuesday, 9 AM–5 PM, at four locations. Details about the new program are available on Back to Pratt.
- On-Campus Events Update: All managers of on-campus events must continue to preregister attendees via Engage, Eventbrite, or another documentation system. The list of registered attendees must be sent to Public Safety at email@example.com 24 hours before the event. If food or drinks are served, pre-packaging or grab and go is required. Space occupancy limits have returned to the pre-pandemic FDNY occupancy limits. Review Back to Pratt for additional policy details.
- Access Policy Update: Guests, contractors, and vendors are no longer required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination for campus access; this would include academic, recreational, and residential spaces on campus. However, all guests, contractors, and vendors accessing campus and campus buildings are encouraged to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Read the full policy on the Campus Access page.
- Isolation: Pratt is following the CDC recommendation of five days of isolation after testing positive for COVID-19 followed by five days of masking. All community members are encouraged to test negative with a rapid/antigen test prior to returning to school or work. Refer to the Actions and Impact Guide on Back to Pratt for additional details.
- Monkeypox: At this time, Pratt community members should review and follow CDC and New York City monkeypox guidance on transmission, symptoms, treatment, vaccination for people at higher risk, and what to do if you may have been exposed. Any campus-related updates for monkeypox will be posted on the Health Advisories page.
What’s Going On?
- New Events Calendar: The events calendar on Pratt’s new website is more robust and more events are published to it than ever before. Event planners, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your events appear on the new calendar.
- Parking Lot Update: A new traffic pattern is in effect on campus. If you park on campus, please review the new details online to prepare for arrival.
- Construction Update: Progress continues on construction projects at East Hall. It is anticipated to be noisy at times. However, Facilities will work with the contractor to help minimize disruptions. Review Facilities updates as the semester begins.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt on Friday, August 19.