15th Anniversary - Made in NYC
- Building 77, Brooklyn Navy Yard (Enter at Vanderbilt and Flushing)
- May 3, 2018 at 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Celebrating 15 years of urban manufacturing’s rebirth.
A special evening to bring together and celebrate New York City’s manufacturing community
Highlights of the evening will include:
- remarks from champions of urban manufacturing, including Senator Kirsten Gillibrand
- a photography exhibit featuring work by Pratt faculty and students of the people and places of contemporary manufacturing
- a silent auction of fabulous NYC products and experiences
- Some of the tastiest NYC-made foods and beverages
About Made in NYC
Made In NYC is an initiative of the Pratt Center for Community Development, which is part of Pratt Institute. Made In NYC was launched in the aftermath of 9/11 to encourage NYC-based manufacturers and residents to support one another by buying and sourcing locally. Since then Made In NYC’s network of manufacturers has grown to include over 1,200 members in all five boroughs producing everything from specialty foods to design-driven apparel to cutting edge gadgets. Made In NYC believes the manufacturing sector plays a vital role in building a more equitable local economy by spurring innovation and providing well-paying jobs for NYC’s diverse workforce.