KENNETH SNELSON

BLACK E.C. TOWER

2006

Anodized black aluminum and stainless steel 

The sculpture Black E.C. Tower belongs to a class of structures called “tensegrity,” first invented by Snelson in 1948. Tensegrity structures are composed of a network of taut tension wires enclosing an assembly of internal compression struts. Many of Snelson’s sculptures can be seen in public places and museums throughout the world. (Loan: Courtesy of Marlborough Gallery)

  Kenneth Snelson - Black E.C. Tower

Back to Sculpture Park landing page