The Awards Committee
The Faculty Development Fund Awards Committee is appointed by the Academic Senate. The Office of the Provost serves as primary administrator for the application process and awarding of the funds.
The Awards Committee is composed of seven faculty members who have indicated they will not apply for a grant in the current year. There must be a faculty appointee from each of the five degree-offering schools (Architecture, Art, Design, Information, and Liberal Arts and Sciences), School of Continuing and Professional Studies and a faculty appointee from the Pratt Library.
AWARDS COMMITTEE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Academic Senate will convene the Awards Committee. The grant proposals will be reviewed by every member of the Awards Committee. Evaluations will be made by consensus.
At the conclusion of its deliberations, the Committee will report its recommendations to the Provost, who will determine the final awards. The Provost will inform faculty who have received awards and make public announcement of the recipients.
THE COMMITTEE WILL CONSIDER:
- The project’s potential to enhance professional development of the applicant and benefit the Institute.
- The reasonableness of the budget;
- The aesthetic, cultural or scholarly contribution of the project to the Institute or the community at large.
THE COMMITTEE CAN:
- Approve both the project and the budget;
- Approve the project, but reduce the budget;
- Reject the project.