Pratt Institute accepts credit for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) Higher Level, and College Level Equivalency Program (CLEP) exams with acceptable scores. Exams must be taken prior to matriculation at Pratt. Official copies of score reports must be sent to Pratt so that a complete credit evaluation may be done at acceptance. Students must notify the school of all tests prior to their first semester in order to be considered for transfer credit.
Viewing Exam Results on File
For students who began attendance Fall 2012 or later:
Exam Results are now available on the MyPratt Dashboard.
1. Log in with your OneKey at pratt.edu/mypratt. (Forget your OneKey?)
2. Click on the Academic Tools tab on the left side of the page.
3. If there are any results on file, you will see a section halfway down this page called Exam Scores that lists the exam, score received and a credit evaluation status.
Any credited exam can be viewed on your transcript and degree audit.
Transcript: listed as Credit Type (CRD TYP) of 'E'.
Degree Audit: listed as '*NE' (Non-course Equivalency).
For students who began attendance prior to Fall 2012, please send an email from your Pratt email account to the Registrar's Office.
Advanced Placement Credit Policy
Pratt Institute accepts up to a maximum of nine (9) total AP credits with a score or four (4) or five (5) in all subject areas.
AP credits will be applied, in the degree audit, to all-Institute elective credits only, with the following exceptions.
- Students who score a four (4) or five (5) on the AP Art History exam will receive credit for HAD 111
- Students who score a four (4) or five (5) on either the AP English Language and Composition exam or on the AP English Literature and Composition exam will be awarded credit for HMS 101A.
(Revised April 2020)
International Baccalaureate Policy
International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma recipients beginning with Fall 2018 applicants may receive transfer credits for Higher-Level courses in which they earn a score of five (5) or higher. Pratt Institute does not award transfer credit for IB Visual Arts courses or exams.
- Table of Equivalencies for Higher Level IB Exams (score of 5 or higher for diploma recipients)
|File Name||File Size|