Graduation and Commencement are separate events:
- Pratt officially awards (designates) degrees on three dates each year—February 1, June 1, and October 1. There is no ceremony when degrees are conferred on these three dates. Pratt celebrates all recent graduates at a Commencement Ceremony each May.
- Students wishing to be considered for graduation must file a Graduation application online at myPratt. The application must be completed on or before the following dates:
|Graduation||Complete application on or before|
|Summer Term / October||March 25|
|Fall Term / February||August 25|
|Spring Term / May||December 15|
To Graduate from Pratt:
- Complete a Graduation Application.
- Complete all required courses and credits from the admitted academic program.
- Meet or exceed the minimum 2.0 GPA (Undergraduate) or 3.0 (Graduate) for graduation from the academic program to which you were admitted. (Check your degree audit or requirements specific to your program.)
- Complete a graduation application on MyPratt.
NOTE: The data that is entered on this application will affect your graduation date. The data will also affect what information appears on the diploma and in the Commencement Ceremony Program booklet. Applications for any graduation date will only be accepted online until the application deadline. Late applications must be made in writing at the Registrar's Office and are subject to the approval of the Associate Registrar.
Graduating with Honors and with Distinction
For associate and baccalaureate degrees to be graduated with honors, a student must have earned a final cumulative GPA no lower than 3.50 in all work. A minimum final cumulative GPA of 3.75 is required for graduation with highest honors. To be considered for honors/highest honors, a student must have completed a minimum of 50 percent of degree credits at Pratt. These credits must be earned in semesters evaluated with a GPA.
For graduate degrees to be considered with distinction, a graduate student must have earned a final cumulative GPA no lower than 3.850 in all work. To be considered for distinction, a student must have completed a minimum of 50 percent of degree credits at Pratt. These credits must be in semesters evaluated with a GPA.
Please note that Pratt graduates students with honors, highest honors, and with distinction. The Institute does not graduate students cum laude, magna cum laude, or summa cum laude.
PERMISSION TO WALK IN COMMENCEMENT
Students who will not complete their programs until Summer or Fall 2020 may petition to join the 2020 Commencement with a Permission to Walk Form. Complete the form, attach the Degree Audit, and submit to the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com). Approved Permission to Walk students will not have their names printed in the 2020 Commencement program; their names will be printed in the 2021 Commencement program.
The deadline to apply for Permission to Walk is March 9, 2020. Additional information is on the Commencement Ceremony page.
Contact the Registrar’s office: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 718.636.3663