The Program Board of the Pratt Institute (also known as PB) enhances the co-curricular life of the Pratt student body. In providing social events, Program Board helps to improve campus life while also enabling students to engage across discipline. Officers on Program Board gain skills required to lead in a dynamic field.
Program Board (PB) is a branch of Student Involvement consisting of a variety of programming areas, which include: Annual Events, On Campus Events, Off Campus Events, Tuesdays on the Lawn, and Promotions. All members of Program Board are Pratt students, working hard to plan events other Pratt students will be interested in. A part of the mandatory Student Activities fee students pay each year goes to Program Board to cover the events Program Board plans for the campus community. The majority of the events provided by PB are free while trips and events off campus range between $5 and $20. Sign-ups for these trips are usually held online the week prior to the trip.
Mission: The goal of Program Board is to get students out of their rooms and studios for a few hours to take a much-needed break from the rigorous academics at Pratt, all while promoting a healthy work/social balance.
The five current programming areas on Program Board are:
- Annual Events Coordinators (2): Responsible for overseeing the annual events and festivals. Acts as the point and contact person for the larger-scale on campus events such as Fall Fest, Spring Fest, Healthy Love Week, Late Night Breakfast and assists with the planning of other annual trips/off-campus events such as the Ski-Trip.
- Off Campus Events Coordinator: Responsible for the planning of all trips and off campus events such as Broadway shows, sporting events, concerts, museums, food tours, and anything else the coordinator believes will appeal to the student body.
- On Campus Event Coordinators (2): Responsible for overseeing on campus events and new initiatives. These events will typically take place every Thursday night in the Student Union, although the coordinators are not limited to this day and location. Past events have included: movie nights, comedy shows, speakers, comedians, hypnotists, musicians, and other talent performers.
- Tuesdays on the Lawn Coordinator: Responsible for implementing and overseeing Tuesday events which happen on the Main Lawn at noon every week. Events are of a more low-key passive nature, including such things as free coffee/food, crafts, and collaborations with other campus departments.
- Promotions and Marketing Coordinators (2): Promotions are responsible for all event and general Program Board advertisement and marketing efforts to the campus community. The primary methods of promotion include creating fliers, TV ads, and updating our online presence through Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Each returning promotions coordinator will have additional responsibilities and special assignments on the board.