Academic Training is employment integral to an exchange visitor's academic program which may occur during and after the completion of studies. Such training may be in form of internships, practical, field work, etc.
Academic Training During a Course of Study is limited to 20 hours during the academic year while post-completion Academic Training starts after the exchange visitor completes their program and is a full time employment.
Requirements for Academic Training:
- Unexpired (valid) Certificate of Eligibility (form DS-2019)
- Be in good academic standing
- AT must be directly related to your field of studies
- Letter of employment offer before completion of studies
- Letter from your academic advisor.
- Academic training form
To get approval for your academic training, submit the above documents to your international affairs advisor at least four weeks before the anticipated start date.