The Veteran Resource Center, housed within the Learning/Access Center, provides comprehensive support services to help military and veteran students and their dependents succeed at Pratt. These services include:
- Connecting with other campus resources.
- Help navigating academic and financial procedures at Pratt.
- Social and networking opportunities.
- Academic coaching and tutoring.
- Specialized workshops.
- Training students to use Kurzweil software. Kurzweil is a text-to-speech software that has amazing reading and writing tools to make academic work easier, including:
- Tools for reading text out loud;
- Highlighting and annotating tools for digital reading;
- Templates to guide brainstorming and paper outlining.
The L/AC has offices and resources available at both the Brooklyn and Manhattan campuses.
For more information, please contact Marie McLaughlin at 718.687.5351 or firstname.lastname@example.org.