Back to Pratt: Vaccinations, Boosters, Testing, Services for Students, Community Info Session (January 14, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Date: Jan 14, 2022
Subject: Vaccinations, Boosters, Testing, Services for Students, Community Info Session
- Wednesday’s Special Edition: Did you read the January 12 special edition of Back to Pratt? It was full of essential updates on campus services, studios, labs, shops, testing information, and access requirements. You’ll want to go back and read it.
- COVID Information Session: You are invited to attend a virtual information session hosted by Pratt Institute on Monday, January 24, from 1 to 2 PM. RSVP and submit questions online.
- Spring FAQs: We’ve created a special set of FAQs related to our current campus conditions and the start of the semester.
- Vaccinations, Boosters, Testing, and Tracing
- Remember! Your booster and test results are required to return to campus. Complete instructions are available on the Campus Access page of Back to Pratt.
- Vaccination and Booster Clinic: Get whatever you need—a first or second vaccine dose, the booster, and/or either a PCR or rapid antigen test! A special clinic will be available at the Myrtle Ave Plaza (outside the Film/Video Building) Tuesday, January 25, and Wednesday, January 26, 8 AM to 6 PM. All vaccinations at the clinic will be free with no insurance required and no appointments necessary.
- Contact Tracing: Once you have notified Pratt that you have tested positive for COVID, you will receive a phone call to begin contact tracing. Please expect this call and be prepared with a list of close contacts. Pratt is offering this special service to protect your friends and colleagues. So, please be responsive and kind. Your cooperation will speed up the process.
- Flu Shots: Flu vaccines are more important than ever, and all members of the Pratt community are encouraged to get one this winter if they haven’t already. Find an appointment near you.
- Especially for Students
- While in amber, student services are available on campus and virtually.
- Health Services: Virtual and in-person appointments are available. Please, no walk-ins. For an appointment, please email email@example.com or call 718.399.4542.
- Counseling: Students can arrange virtual counseling appointments by calling 718.687.5356 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. In-person appointments are available, if needed. Crisis counseling is always available 24/7 by calling 718.687.5356.
- Student Union and Student Involvement Hours: The Student Union is open 9 AM to 5 PM through January 14 and 8 AM to 6 PM from January 18 to 30. The Student Involvement office is open 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday.
- Learning/Access Center: One-on-one appointments between students and peer advisors/tutors will be conducted virtually through January 30. Contact email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Students can also book an individual study/meditation space weekdays until 11 PM through onePratt or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Internships and Careers: The Center for Career and Professional Development (CCPD) is available to chat through Zoom, Google Hangout, by phone or email. Log into Student.PrattPro.com to schedule an appointment.
- Mindful Pratt: The Art of the Pause—take 30 minutes to recharge each day with Mindful Pratt. For the full schedule, check out the Wellness calendar.
- The Meditation Incubator: Learn to meditate and use visualization to deepen presence in creativity, develop calm and focus, and create a life plan from a meditative lens.
- International Meet and Greet: Tonight! Gather virtually with fellow new international students and International Affairs staff to meet, chat, and laugh. Friday, January 14, 7 PM EST. RSVP at email@example.com.
- Safety and Access
- Mask Guidelines: It’s time to upgrade your cloth masks! Pratt strongly recommends all students, faculty, and staff wear surgical, KN95, KF94, or N95 masks this semester to provide greater protection against Omicron. A limited supply of surgical masks will be available for pickup at all Public Safety booths.
- Indoor Dining: While seating is limited in the dining hall, there are alternate indoor seating areas available for brief meals on both campuses: Student Union, Design Center Lounge, ARC ground floor lobby, Higgins Hall Cafe, PMC 2nd Floor Lounge and 7th Floor Lounge. Masks may be removed briefly while eating, maintaining distance between you and others. Meals should be limited to 15 minutes with one person per table. These spaces should not be used for gathering.
- Hall Street Gate: Yay! The Hall Street gate will reopen January 14 at 8 AM. Hours of operation will be seven days per week from 8 AM to 12 midnight. Be prepared to show your digital ID for entry and easier access to campus. Please use the DeKalb turnstile for card-swipe access.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.