Back to Pratt: Updates to Masks and Events in Yellow Conditions (February 25, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Date: February 25, 2022
Subject: Updates to Masks and Events in Yellow Conditions
Current campus conditions remain yellow, as positive cases in NYC and on campus have reduced significantly. Let’s continue to stay safe, healthy, and in person!
- Mask Policy: Face coverings will continue to be required indoors at Pratt through March 31, at which time the risk assessment committee will review the masking requirement based on campus conditions. Until then, masks may only be removed indoors intermittently while eating, and are not required outdoors. Please note that recent New York State masking announcements do not affect Pratt’s policy. Masking remains required on public transportation and in certain entertainment venues and other locations throughout New York City.
- Event Guidelines Update: As of Monday, February 21, additional external guests and pre-packaged or grab-and-go food are allowed at events and exhibitions. As promised, event and gathering guidelines will be reviewed and, if necessary, adjusted every two weeks. The next update will be announced in the March 4 Back to Pratt newsletter.
- Classroom Safety Guide for Faculty: Additional guidance and a checklist to help faculty manage positive cases in the classroom are available on the Back to Pratt website. Review the FAQs and important steps.
- Returning to Campus after COVID: You may return to in-person class or work after testing positive for COVID-19 if all of the following apply:
- It has been at least 10 days since your symptoms started
- You are fever-free for the prior 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing drugs
- Your overall wellness has improved
Before you return, you must complete the COVID-19 Affidavit to reactivate your Pratt ID. This form will be shared with you via email on day 10 of isolation.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.