Back to Pratt: Summer Access, Testing Tuesdays, Social Contract, and What’s Going On? (June 2, 2022)
Current campus conditions remain yellow as we begin the summer semester.
- Review Social Contract: Please review the current social contract and renew your commitment to staying well and protecting each other on campus and in the community. If you have a signed contract on file, you do not need to sign it again now.
- Summer Access Requirements: A signed social contract, proof of vaccination, and first booster (if eligible) are required for campus access. A negative COVID-19 test is no longer required. If you completed these requirements in the fall or spring, you do not need to resubmit the requirements listed above. Check your digital ID to ensure you have completed the correct steps.
- Testing Tuesdays: During the summer, on-campus COVID-19 testing is available on Tuesdays, from 8 AM to 4 PM. In Brooklyn, the testing location has moved to Engineering 105. In Manhattan, testing will continue on the Second Floor in Room #205.
- Summer Back to Pratt Newsletter: Remember that during the summer, the Back to Pratt newsletter has moved to a biweekly schedule and will publish every other Thursday.
What’s Going On?
- Chromotherapy in an Age of Doubt: Saturday, June 4, is the final day to view a diverse selection of works by artists who completed the Graduate Fine Arts program at Pratt Institute in 2020 at the height of the pandemic. The works shown in the newly renovated Pratt Manhattan Gallery remind us of what it is to move in a space where light and color are beyond our control.
- Staff Picnic: Pratt staff are invited to the second all-staff barbecue on June 23, from 1–4 PM, on the Brooklyn campus. In order to ensure we have enough food, please RSVP by 10 AM, Monday, June 6.
- Construction Project: Work has begun on major upgrades to the central heating plant in East Hall as well as reconstruction of a new plaza that will include an outdoor classroom. Access around East Hall and portions of Grand Avenue will be restricted during this time. Review the facilities page for full project details and timeline.
- DeKalb Gate Closed: The DeKalb Avenue turnstile and gate at Grand Avenue are closed to pedestrian and vehicular traffic between 7 AM and 6 PM until fall 2022. Contact Facilities at 718.636.3579 if you have questions or concerns.
- ARC Closed: The upper level of the ARC (gym floor, weight room, and offices) will be closed for renovations until further notice. Please continue to check goprattgo.com for updates throughout the summer.
- Scheduled System Maintenance: IT has scheduled system maintenance that will take place on Friday June 3, 2022. Many systems will be available in a limited capacity or offline and unavailable until maintenance is complete.
- Juneteenth Observed: Pratt’s administrative offices will be closed Monday, June 20, in remembrance of Juneteenth. Classes will meet as scheduled.
- Pratt Daily Hub: Stay connected during the summer! See new ideas and innovative work from faculty, students, alumni, and more in this weekly roundup of news, events, and highlights.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt on Thursday, June 16.