Back to Pratt: Spring Break Testing, Help, Masks, and What’s Going On? (March 11, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Date: March 11, 2022
Subject: Spring Break Testing, Help, Masks, and What’s Going On?
Current campus conditions remain yellow. Thanks for helping to keep it that way!
- Spring Break: Pratt’s spring break is March 14–20. We want to finish the academic year healthy and in person! To help you over spring break, here are some travel safety tips provided by the American College Health Association.
- On-Campus Testing: During spring break, on-campus COVID testing will be open on both campuses on Monday, March 14, and Tuesday, March 15, from 8 AM to 4 PM only. We will return to the regular Monday through Wednesday testing schedule starting Monday, March 21.
- COVID-19 Helpline: Beginning March 14, helpline hours will be reduced to 8 AM to 4 PM Monday through Friday and 9 AM to 2 PM Saturday and Sunday.
- Masks and Events: Current masking, testing, and events policies remain in place. As a reminder, CDC and NYC guidance may change, so please continue to watch for campus policy updates from Back to Pratt as they relate to our community.
- Back to Pratt Break: Because of spring break, the next Back to Pratt newsletter will be published on March 25. Let’s finish in person!
What’s Going On
- Pratt Shows: Celebrate the launch of this year’s Pratt Shows website! The site is a dynamic showcase for presentations of work by Pratt’s graduating class to accompany the in-person exhibitions and events taking place through May. Explore upcoming events.
- Prattfolio: Prattfolio’s Spring 2022 issue celebrates our place in Brooklyn and New York City at large. Read the magazine online now and look for the print edition on campus later this month.
- State of the Institute: President Bronet’s State of the Institute Address returns in person. Please join President Bronet, faculty, staff, and students on Tuesday, March 22, 2022, at 12 PM in Higgins Hall Auditorium. A light lunch will follow, with opportunity for informal engagement and conversations. Learn more about the live event, access, and recording.
- DEI Allies Training: The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is continuing to provide the DEI Allies Training Certificate Program for faculty and staff this semester. The DEI Allies Training Certificate Program is not mandatory, and provides supplementary material to the Everfi mandatory training modules. Register for sessions.
- Syrop Lecture: Join founders Yvonne Farrell and Shelley McNamara on Tuesday, April 5, at 1 PM for a reflection on Grafton Architects’ work and recent and forthcoming projects at the virtual Arnold Syrop, BArch ’61, and Joanne Syrop Annual Lecture. RSVP to attend.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt on March 25.