Back to Pratt: Ryerson Gate Reopens, Hold Onto Your Masks!, and What’s Going On? (July 14, 2022)
Positivity rates are on the rise in NYC and current campus conditions remain yellow.
- Ryerson Gate Reopens: The Ryerson gate at Willoughby Avenue is now open to pedestrians 7 AM–7 PM.
- Mask Requirement Continues: Masks continue to be required indoors on Pratt’s campuses and may only be briefly removed for eating or drinking or in a private workspace. Masks are available at the public safety booths if you arrive on campus without one.
What’s Going On?
- Pratt’s New Website—Coming Soon: Keep an eye out for the new redesigned pratt.edu set to debut later this summer! It’s the exciting culmination of a yearlong project spearheaded by the Communications and Marketing division working in collaboration with the Pratt community.
- Construction Update: The East Hall boiler and plaza project is in full swing along with other construction projects across campus! Review the Facilities web page for a full update. Please continue to observe safety signage when accessing buildings and be aware that some doorways or walkways may need to be closed temporarily.
- Taconic Fellowship: Pratt Center for Community Development is continuing to accept applications for the Taconic Fellowship. The Taconic Fellowship supports Pratt faculty, staff, and students working on community development projects throughout New York City. The deadline to apply is July 31, 2022.
- NCAA Division III Membership: Pratt has been awarded full NCAA Division III membership effective September 1. With this new status, Pratt will be eligible to participate in NCAA Championships as well as have an active vote at the NCAA Convention each January. Learn more about this exciting announcement on GoPrattGo.com.
- Library Update: We’re making your research easier! On July 18, the Pratt Libraries will update the library search system to support OneKey Single Sign On. With this new update, you will no longer need to create a separate EBSCOhost account to access features such as saving books or articles to folders, checking out eBooks, or saving or sharing your search results.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt on Thursday, July 28.