Back to Pratt: Managing Spring Events, Boosters, Classroom Safety, Returning after Testing Positive (February 11, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Date: February 11, 2022
Subject: Managing Spring Events, Boosters, Classroom Safety, Returning after Testing Positive
Current campus conditions are yellow. Let’s keep ’em that way!
- Events and Gatherings Guidelines: Springtime is event time, and important detailed information for planning and hosting events is now available on Back to Pratt. Biweekly evaluation and updates to these guidelines will be communicated on the website and through this newsletter.
- In-Person Events Attendance: Detailed access protocol for external guests and event attendees is also available on Back to Pratt. External guests must be pre-registered and vaccinated to be admitted to campus.
- Can friends and family attend thesis shows? Yes, a maximum of 25 pre-registered external guests (in addition to current Pratt students, faculty, or staff) per event. For student exhibitions or thesis presentations that run for more than one day, the limit will be 25 non-Pratt attendees per day.
- COVID-19 Testing: Students, faculty, and staff are encouraged to get tested regularly during the semester for COVID-19 through our free on-campus testing program. Testing is available on Brooklyn and Manhattan campuses Monday through Wednesday, 8 AM–4 PM. If you test on campus, your tests are automatically uploaded for campus access.
- COVID-19 Boosters: All eligible community members are required to get a COVID-19 booster. Find a booster near you at www.vaccines.gov and submit proof through the online form for campus access.
- What if I am not eligible to get a booster? Boosters are only required within 14 days of becoming eligible. This date will be different for everyone. If you are not yet eligible for a booster, you do not need to take any action. Read more FAQs on boosters.
- Classroom Safety Guide for Faculty: Additional guidance and a checklist to help faculty manage positive cases in the classroom were added to Back to Pratt last week. Review the FAQs and important steps.
- Returning to Campus after COVID: You may return to in-person class or work after testing positive for COVID-19 if all of the following apply:
- It has been at least 10 days since your symptoms started
- You are fever-free for the prior 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing drugs
- Your overall wellness has improved
Before you return, you must complete the COVID-19 Affidavit to reactivate your Pratt ID. This form will be shared with you via email on day 10 of isolation.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.