Back to Pratt: Isolation and Quarantine Changes, Summer Access Requirements, What’s Going On? (May 13, 2022)
- Isolation and Quarantine Shortened: Effective May 11 and following CDC guidelines, Pratt has reduced the isolation requirement for positive cases and quarantine guidance for exposure from 10 days to five days, with five additional days of masking and recommended testing. Review the actions and impact guide for additional details as well as this helpful chart from the CDC.
- Summer Access Requirements: Effective May 24, a signed social contract, proof of vaccination and first booster (if eligible) will be required for campus access. A negative COVID test will no longer be required. If you completed the requirements for spring access, you do not need to resubmit. Check your digital ID to ensure you have completed the correct steps.
- Exemptions: If you have an approved vaccination exemption, you will still be required to submit a negative PCR test result taken 72 hours prior to arriving on campus after May 24 and participate in the weekly on-campus testing program.
- Boosters: As with the spring semester, all eligible community members are required to get a COVID-19 booster. Find a booster near you at www.vaccines.gov and submit proof through the online form. Pratt is currently not accepting any international boosters until they are approved in the United States. If you received an international booster, please watch for additional guidance
- Testing Tuesdays: Beginning May 24, on-campus COVID-19 testing will only be available on Tuesdays, from 8 AM to 4 PM. In Brooklyn, the testing location will move to Engineering 105. In Manhattan, testing will continue in Second Floor, Room #205.
What’s Going On:
- Pratt Shows: Design: Pratt Shows: Design is now open in the ARC! This is an impressive annual exhibition of design work by exceptional seniors and postgraduates from the School of Design, School of Architecture, and School of Art. Pre-registration is required.
- #InfoShow22: Tonight at Pratt Manhattan, celebrate School of Information student work, including presentations, panels, posters, digital and non-digital exhibitions, demos, and interactives, from 5:30 to 7:30 PM (in person and virtual), followed by a reception from 7:30 to 9:30 PM.
- PMC Lobby Closure: Saturday, May 14, at 10 AM, Pratt Manhattan’s main entrance and lobby will be closed. Enter through Stairwell A (located east of the main entrance) during this time. Public Safety staff will be on-site to assist and accommodate access. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.
- Commencement 2022: Wednesday, May 18, at 10 AM, Pratt Institute’s 133rd Commencement returns to Radio City Music Hall and will be livestreamed on Pratt.edu. The event commemorates the achievements of more than 1,100 graduating students. Honorary degrees will be awarded to architect and educator Toshiko Mori, who will also deliver the Commencement address; fashion designer Byron Lars; and Director of Astrovisualization for the American Museum of Natural History Carter Burwell Emmart.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.