Back to Pratt: COVID Reminders, Commencement, and What’s Going On? (April 22, 2022)
Current campus conditions remain yellow. Let’s keep it that way for May!
- Commencement Policy: Guided by Pratt’s commitment to the health and safety of our community, as well as the desire to be as inclusive as possible at our Commencement celebrations, we updated our Commencement COVID-19 policy on Pratt.edu last week.
- COVID-19 Cases: Cases in NYC are rising again and we all must remain vigilant for ourselves and one another. Continue to wear your mask indoors, avoid large groups whenever possible, follow the protocol outlined in our campus conditions, and participate in on-campus testing.
What’s Going On?
- Spring Fest: Tonight! Gather on the Brooklyn campus main lawn for Spring Fest on Friday, April 22, from 5 to 7:30 PM! Clubs will be tabling, succulents will be painted, obstacle courses and mini golf will be played, and prizes will be given. And, of course, there will be food!
- Foundation Expanded: Tonight! April 22–24 visit the Foundation Expanded Opening, a three-day celebration of student-designed projects at Myrtle Avenue Plaza. Visit a Pop-Up! Store with student-designed products, live performances, poetry readings, and interactive workshops all weekend. Opening tonight from 6 to 8 PM!
- First-Year Fashion Show: Tonight! Come see the work of first-year Pratt Fashion live at 6 PM during the Foundation Expanded Opening at Myrtle Avenue Plaza.
- Weekly Stress Busters: Unwind with weekly stress buster activities every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on the Brooklyn campus lawn.
- Tuesday, 26 – Finger Painting (12–1 PM) and Hula Hoops/Jump Ropes (5–6 PM)
- Wednesday, 27 – Meditation/Breathing/Relaxation (1:30–2:30 PM) and Stress Ball Making (4:30–5:30 PM in the rose garden)
- Thursday, 28 – Paper Plane Making/Toss (1:30–2:30 PM)
- Eid Celebration: On Friday, May 6, 12–2 PM and 6–8 PM, in the Student Union, come and celebrate Eid with us with some free traditional Malay desserts (kuih) and drinks. Learn more about how Eid is celebrated around the world and participate in festive games and activities!
- State of the Institute: If you missed President Frances Bronet’s State of the Institute Address last month, the video and transcript are available to view online now. Get the scoop on what’s going on for the Institute, presently and in the future!
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.