Back to Pratt: Commencement, NYC Safety Tips, and A Lot of What’s Going On? (April 15, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Date: April 15, 2022
Subject: Commencement, NYC Safety Tips, and A Lot of What’s Going On?
Current campus conditions remain yellow.
Health and Safety Updates
- Commencement Policy: Guided by Pratt’s commitment to the health and safety of our community, as well as the desire to be as inclusive as possible at our Commencement celebrations, we have updated our Commencement COVID-19 policy on Pratt.edu.
- COVID-19 Cases: Cases in NYC are rising again and we all must remain vigilant for ourselves and one another. Continue to wear your mask indoors, avoid large groups whenever possible, follow the protocol outlined in our campus conditions, and participate in on-campus testing.
- Safety Tips: Public Safety has provided an updated list of tips and resources to maintain personal safety on and off campus and while using public transportation.
- Students can connect with The Counseling Center for any mental health concerns, including stress, anxiety, alcohol or drugs, eating, depression, family issues, suicidal thoughts, or any other personal concerns, by calling 718.687.5356 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Crisis counseling is always available 24/7 via phone listed above.
- Faculty and staff can seek support through Pratt’s Employee Assistance Program, which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-311-4327 (TDD 800-697-0353). Faculty and staff enrolled with Cigna or Emblem have access to mental health services through their respective plans. For employees not enrolled in any health plan with Pratt, NYC Well provides access to free mental health support services.
What’s Going On?
- Drag Race Tonight!: On Friday, April 15, at 7 PM, join Queer Pratt in Memorial Hall for a special night of drag performances and competition from your fellow students!
- Cherry Blossom Trip: On Saturday, April 16, visit the Brooklyn Botanic Garden to view the cherry blossoms and other spring flowers in full bloom! Meet at 10:30 AM by the main gate (near the cafeteria entrance) to join.
- Mondays at Pratt: New Pratt Shows thesis exhibitions and events are in full swing. Explore the opening receptions featuring new student work each Monday night.
- Stress Busters: Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on the Brooklyn campus lawn.
- Tuesday, 19 – Hula Hoops/Jump Ropes (12–1 PM)
- Wednesday, 20 – Jenga/Connect 4/Board Games (1–2 PM)
- Thursday, 21 – Frisbee Toss/Cornhole/Can Jam (1:30–2:30 PM)
- Pratt Manhattan Social: Join the PMC Social on Wednesday, April 20, from 5 to 7 PM in the 7th floor lounge to socialize, relax, and enjoy some free food!
- Spring Fest: Gather on the Brooklyn campus main lawn for Spring Fest on Friday, April 22, from 5 to 7 PM! Clubs will be tabling, succulents will be painted, obstacle courses and mini golf will be played, and prizes will be given. And, of course, there will be more food!
- More Events!: Connect with Student Involvement on Instagram for “This Week at Pratt,” a weekly roundup of student activities for the week ahead, posted every Monday.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.