Back to Pratt: Coming Campus Access Changes, End-of-Year Safety, and What’s Going On? (April 29, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Subject: Coming Campus Access Changes, End-of-Year Safety, and What’s Going On?
Date: Apr 29, 2022
Current campus conditions remain yellow. Let’s keep it that way for May!
- COMING SOON! Campus Access Changes: Watch for an email mid-next week announcing substantial changes to campus access for the rest of the semester, including plans for move-outs and end-of-year events.
- Commencement Policy: If you haven’t yet reviewed the updated Commencement COVID-19 policy on Pratt.edu, be sure to do so before it’s too late.
- COVID-19 Cases: Cases in NYC are still on the rise, so we all must remain vigilant for ourselves and one another. Continue to wear your mask indoors, follow the protocol outlined in our campus conditions, and participate in on-campus testing.
What’s Going On?
- International Food Festival + Asians Fighting Injustice Fundraiser: Today, April 29, 12–2 PM, in the Rose Garden, the Program Board and AURA Dance Crew will host an International Food Fest! PISA, SASA, and other international student organizations will share cultural food and snacks, stickers and prints, and collect donations for Asians Fighting Injustice (AFI). Grab snacks, bubble tea, ice cream, and support AFI!
- Pratt Shows Continue: Pratt Shows: Fashion, as well as culminating shows in Fine Arts, Photography, Sculpture, Integrated Practices, Art and Design Education, Industrial Design, and Associate Degree programs are happening next week. All are listed on the Pratt Shows website.
- Hidden History of Pratt’s Summer Youth Programs: Last Chance! Don’t miss this photography installation in seven Myrtle Avenue storefronts, sponsored by Pratt’s Preserving Activism and Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership (MABP), which ends Sunday, May 1.
- Weekly Stress Busters: Unwind with weekly stress buster activities every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday on the Brooklyn campus lawn.
Tuesday, May 3 – Finger painting (12–1 PM)
Wednesday, 4 – Hula hoops/Jump ropes/Jenga (1:30–2:30 PM)
Thursday, 5 – Soccer PUGG goals/ Kan Jam (1–2 PM)
- Eid Al-Fitr Celebration: Next Friday, May 6, 12–2 PM and 6–8 PM, in the Student Union, come and celebrate Eid with some free traditional Malay desserts (kuih) and drinks. Learn more about how Eid is celebrated around the world and participate in festive games and activities!
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.