Back to Pratt: Campus Access Changes and What’s Going On? (May 6, 2022)
From: Back to Pratt
Subject: Campus Access Changes and What’s Going On?
Date: May 6, 2022
Current campus conditions remain yellow for the last week of the semester, with the following changes to campus access.
- Digital ID: Effective tomorrow, Saturday, May 7, you will no longer be required to display your digital or physical ID to access the main Brooklyn campus through the entrances at Hall Street and 200 Willoughby Avenue. This will allow everyone, including our neighbors, to access the Brooklyn campus grounds freely.
- Masks and Building Access: Masking will continue to be required indoors, and access to all Pratt buildings will be restricted to Pratt students, faculty, and staff members, and their approved visitors. All building entrances will display signage with this information.
- Swipe Access: As required before the pandemic, community members will still need to swipe their physical Pratt ID card at turnstiles and some buildings. Read the full announcement for details.
- Visitors and Pre-Registration: Necessary requirements are still in place for visitors to our residence halls and facilities. Policy and procedures are listed on Back to Pratt.
- Commencement Policy: If you haven’t yet reviewed the updated Commencement COVID-19 policy on Pratt.edu, be sure to do so before it’s too late.
What’s Going On?
- Pratt Shows Continue: The end of final exhibitions and events is coming up in Digital Arts, Film/Video, Fine Arts, Photography, Humanities and Media Studies, and Art and Design Education. All are listed on the Pratt Shows website.
- Pratt Shows: Design: Be sure to check out Pratt Shows: Design in the ARC, opening May 11. This is an impressive annual exhibition of design work by exceptional seniors and postgraduates from the School of Design, School of Architecture, and School of Art.
- #InfoShow22: At Pratt Manhattan on May 13, celebrate School of Information student work, including presentations, panels, posters, digital and non-digital exhibitions, demos, and interactives, from 5:30–7:30 PM (in-person and virtual), followed by a reception from 7:30–9:30 PM.
- Political Intimacy: The Return: On Friday, May 13, join us for an exhibition opening featuring an evening of creative programming and dialogue at Recess and an afternoon BBQ in Fort Greene Park—the latest installment in the civic engagement series. Learn more.
Be mindful of your responsibilities during the pandemic and watch for a new email update from Back to Pratt each Friday.