ALUMNI DAY 2018
Saturday, September 29
All alumni are invited to return to the Brooklyn campus to rediscover their alma mater, reconnect with classmates and friends, and celebrate Pratt’s crowning achievement—OUR ALUMNI!
Alumni Day will be held during Family Weekend so our students can get a glimpse of what it’s like to be a part of the successful Pratt alumni family. The grand finale of the day will be honoring our 2018 Alumni Achievement Award winners during dinner, followed by an after dark party to include dancing the night away! Come back to campus and fall in love with Pratt all over again. Plus, we miss you.
Schedule of Events
Registration Opens (10:30 AM)
Registration Tent, Brooklyn Campus Library Patio
(Complimentary parking on campus and coat check available)
AROUND CAMPUS (11:30 AM–4 PM)
Campus Tours and 50th Class Reunion Tour
Take part in campus-wide tours and get reacquainted with your campus and its new developments and innovations.
Sculpture Park Self-Guided Tour
View Pratt's celebrated Sculpture Park, one of the largest in New York City that stretches across the 25-acre Brooklyn campus.
Live Horse Sketching in the Rose Garden*
Experience what our students do each spring when live horses are brought to campus to be sketched, photographed, and admired.
Plein Air Landscape Sketching on the Newman Mall*
Leave the four walls of your studio behind and sketch the landscape of Pratt’s beautiful campus from the Newman Mall.
"My Pratt Story" Alumni Video Documentation Booth, Juliana Curran Terian Design Center Gallery
What is your Pratt story? We invite all alumni to tell their stories of life at Pratt and beyond its gates. A professional video booth will be on hand to capture your journey.
Tour Pratt’s renowned galleries and their latest exhibits.
- Bear Necessities: Alumni Show, DeKalb Gallery
- Works by Pratt Design Students, Juliana Curran Terian Design Center Gallery
- Robert Irwin Exhibit, Hazel and Robert H. Siegel Gallery
- Graduate Fine Arts 2018, Rubelle and Norman Schafler Gallery
- Digital Design Gallery
- Allen Frame Exhibit, Pratt Photography Gallery
- PAL Welcome Show and works by MFA Students in Fine Arts, Steuben Gallery
LUNCH PROGRAMS (12–1:30 PM)
Alumni Picnic on the Lawn with Music
Enjoy a picnic on the quad with gourmet boxed lunches and relaxing acoustic music. Schmooze, network, relax or snooze on the lawn, surrounded by Pratt’s beautiful landscape and sculptures. Official Pratt picnic blankets available for purchase at the online check out.
50th Class Reunion Luncheon hosted by President Frances Bronet
Alumni Reading Room, Brooklyn Campus Library
AFTERNOON PROGRAMS (1:30–3:30 PM)
Tap into your creative side by joining an interactive workshop or discussion.
Select one program (limited seating available):
- 3D Printing Center Tour and Demonstration, Academic Computing, Information Technology (Tours provided every 30 minutes at 1:30, 2, 2:30, 3 PM)
- Center for Career and Professional Development: Individual Career One-on-One Sessions (30-minute sessions)
- Center for Career and Professional Development: Living Life Big Workshop (1:30–2:30 PM)
- Center for Career and Professional Development: Applying for Artists Residencies and Fulbright Workshop (2:30–3:30 PM)
- Fine Art Painting Class & Mocktails: Self-Portrait. Instructor: Maria de Los Angeles, BFA Painting ’13, Visiting Instructor, School of Art*
- Meet the School of Information’s New Dean, Dr. Anthony Cocciolo (post-discussion coffee/tea networking break)
- Paris, France & Havana, Cuba Tours, School of Continuing and Professional Studies (post-discussion coffee/tea networking break)
- School of Architecture Creative Session, (post-discussion coffee/tea networking break)
- Special Film Screening and Discussion: Mabel, Mabel, Tiger Trainer, a documentary directed by Leslie Zemeckis, Film/Video Department (post-discussion coffee/tea networking break)
PANEL DISCUSSION: ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARD 2018 WINNERS (4–5:30 PM)
Derrick Adams, BFA Art and Design Education ’96, School of Art
Mahogany L. Browne, MFA Writing ’16, School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Thomas J. Hughes, BME ’65; MME ’67, School of Engineering
Pascale Sablan, BArch ’06, School of Architecture
Tucker Viemeister, BID ’74, School of Design
Margot Williams, MSLIS ’80, School of Information
CAMPUS GALLERY HOP & WINE (5:30–6:45 PM)
- Bear Necessities: Alumni Show, DeKalb Gallery
- Works by Pratt Design Students, Design Center Gallery
- Digital Design Gallery, Myrtle Hall
- Robert Irwin Exhibit, Hazel and Robert Siegel Gallery
- Allen Frame Exhibit, Photography Gallery
- Graduate Fine Arts 2018 & Black Alumni of Pratt Reception, Rubelle and Norman Schafler Gallery
ALUMNI ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS DINNER & AFTER DARK PARTY (7–10:30 PM)
The pièce de résistance! Come dressed in your Kentucky Derby finest for a catered dining experience on the Brooklyn campus to celebrate Pratt’s Best in Class. During dinner we will honor our Alumni Achievement Award winners, and recognize our 50th Reunion Class. Then dance the night away with fellow alumni and friends! A DJ will be on hand to play all of your favorites.
*Complimentary sketch pads and pencil sets provided for Plein Air Landscape Sketching and Live Horse Sketching in the Rose Garden. Complimentary canvas and paint supplies provided for participants of the Fine Art Painting Class.
Download: Schedule of Events
View the Alumni Day 2018 FAQ.
Register BY CHECK OR MAIL
If you prefer to register by check or by mail, please fill out this form. Otherwise, visit the registration page.
Newly opened in 2017, Pratt Institute’s campus store features Pratt-branded apparel, accessories, and gifts. Make sure to stop by the store during your visit. Located on the first floor of North Hall. If you can’t wait and prefer to buy Pratt swag before Alumni Day, you can now do so online!
If you plan to spend the weekend in Brooklyn, view the list of nearby hotels to help plan your trip.