NOTE: Currently, limited on-campus tours are available by emailing email@example.com. You may not schedule campus tours online at this time. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Virtual information sessions and meetings with admissions counselors are available by emailing email@example.com. See counselor meeting details and portfolio review/interview options, including off-campus reviews and National Portfolio Days, below.
High school students and transfer students are invited to meet with an admissions counselor on Pratt’s Brooklyn campus from April 1 through December 1 or in an area close to you. Pratt’s admissions counselors meet with students and their families in many states in the US and in several countries to provide information on Pratt's programs, application requirements, and to provide feedback on students' portfolios. Appointments are required! Virtual options are also available.
We do not provide portfolio reviews for graduate students or applicants interested in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (writing, critical and visual studies, BA in History of Art and Design). Construction Management does not require a portfolio. Please note that all portfolio reviews are for feedback and guidance only. They do not constitute a formal official review for admission and are not required.
Portfolio Review and Counselor Meeting Options:
1. On-Campus Portfolio Reviews: on-campus meetings/portfolio reviews are offered Monday through Friday from April 1 to December 1. Reservations are required. To schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.636.3779. You may schedule a campus tour or information session on the same day if available. See below under Additional Visit Options.
2. Off-Campus Meetings/Portfolio Reviews in your area: Admissions counselors meet with prospective students in many areas of the country and the world. These meetings are ideal for undergraduate applicants looking for feedback on their visual portfolios or to discuss Pratt and its programs with a counselor. Appointments must be scheduled in advance. Each session lasts one half hour; please arrive ten minutes before your appointment. It is best to bring original artwork. If you have time-based work or digital work to show, please bring your laptop. View off-campus visit options below. You may also download a PDF of the chart at the bottom of the page. Email email@example.com to schedule. Reservations are required.
Reservations are required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
Click here to view the chart above.
3. National Portfolio Days: Another way to have your work reviewed is to attend one of the National Portfolio Days in your area. Check online to see which portfolio days Pratt will attend. Appointments are not necessary. Both in person and virtual options are available. See the link above.
What should you bring to a portfolio review? When meeting with one of our admissions counselors for a portfolio review, please bring no more than 15–20 original pieces of your most recent work in 2-D or 3-D formats as well as sketchbook material, if you have it. Please note that all portfolio reviews are for feedback and guidance only. They do not constitute a formal official review for admission. If you are unable to bring original work, we are happy to view work on your iPad or laptop.
Read about Pratt’s portfolio requirements.
If you intend to meet with Pratt, you must fill out our electronic portfolio review form.
Additional Visit Options:
- Brooklyn campus tours: offered Monday through Friday
- Information Sessions and Major-Specific Information Sessions: offered on select Fridays only and some Mondays