High school students and transfer students are invited to meet with an admissions counselor on Pratt’s Brooklyn campus from April 1 through December 1 or in an area close to you. Pratt’s admissions counselors meet with students and their families in many states in the US and in several countries to provide information on Pratt's programs, application requirements, and to provide feedback on students' portfolios. Appointments are required!
We do not provide portfolio reviews for graduate students or applicants interested in the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences (writing, critical and visual studies, BA in History of Art and Design). Construction Management does not require a portfolio. Please note that all portfolio reviews are for feedback and guidance only. They do not constitute a formal official review for admission and are not required.
Portfolio Review and Counselor Meeting Options:
1. On-Campus Portfolio Reviews: on-campus meetings/portfolio reviews are offered Monday through Friday from April 1 to December 1. Reservations are required. To schedule, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 718.636.3779. You may schedule a campus tour or information session on the same day if available by registering online. See below under Additional Visit Options.
2. Off-Campus Meetings/Portfolio Reviews in your area: Admissions counselors meet with prospective students in many areas of the country and the world. These meetings are ideal for undergraduate applicants looking for feedback on their visual portfolios or to discuss Pratt and its programs with a counselor. Appointments must be scheduled in advance. Each session lasts one half hour; please arrive ten minutes before your appointment. It is best to bring original artwork. If you have time-based work or digital work to show, please bring your laptop. View off-campus visit options below. You may also download a PDF of the chart at the bottom of the page. Email email@example.com to schedule. Reservations are required.
10/13/18 Sir Francis Drake Hotel, 450 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102 John Bezemes 10 AM–5 PM
10/14/18 Sir Francis Drake Hotel, 450 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102 John Bezemes 10 AM–5 PM
10/15/18 Sir Francis Drake Hotel, 450 Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94102 John Bezemes 12 AM–7PM
10/19/18 The Shore Hotel, 1515 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 John Bezemes 12 AM–7 PM
10/21/18 The Shore Hotel, 1515 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 John Bezemes 10 AM–5 PM
10/22/18 The Shore Hotel, 1515 Ocean Ave, Santa Monica, CA 90401 John Bezemes 12 AM–7PM
9/23/18 Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, 1717 Champa St, Denver, CO 80202 Veronica Lynch 10 AM–6 PM
11/16/18 Busboys and Poets, 2021 14th St NW, Washington DC, 2009 Imani S.R. 9 AM–5 PM
1/27/19 Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, 1633 North Bayshore Drive, Miami, Florida 33132, Imani S.R. 10 AM–6 PM
11/16/18 Loews Atlanta Hotel, 1065 Peachtree St NE, Atlanta, GA 30309 Mike Barry 10 AM–6 PM
10/13/18 Westin Michigan Ave, 909 N Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60611 Erica Kolenski 10 AM–6 PM
10/19/18 Boston Marriott Copley Place, 110 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116 Mike Hyder 1–8 PM
10/20/18 Boston Marriott Copley Place, 110 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02116 Mike Hyder 10 AM–6 PM
10/27/18 Graduate Ann Arbor, 615 E Huron St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 John Bezemes 10 AM–5 PM
11/19/18 Omni Charlotte Hotel, 132 E Trade St, Charlotte, NC 28202 Erica Kolenski 10 AM–6 PM
11/3/18 Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, 433 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106 Mike Hyder 9 AM–5 PM
10/5/18 Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza, 35 West Fifth St, Cincinnati, OH 45202 Mike Hyder 1–8 PM
1/7/19 Hotel Monaco Portland, 506 SW Washington St, Portland, OR 97204 John Bezemes 12–7 PM
9/28/18 Courtyard by Marriott, 2150 Market Center Blvd, Dallas, TX 75207 Imani S.R. 11 AM–7 PM
10/1/18 Woodlands Waterway Marriott Hotel, 1601 Lake Robbins Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380 Imani S.R. 10 AM–6 PM
1/4/19 Hotel Monaco Seattle, 1101 4th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101 John Bezemes 12–7 PM
10/13/18 Intercontinental Seoul Coex, 524 Bongeunsa-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, 06164, Korea Casey Inch 11 AM–6 PM
10/21/2018* Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel, 26-1 Sakuragaoka-cho, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-8512 Casey Inch 10 AM–6 PM
10/23/18 Swissotel Nankai Osaka, 5-1-60 Namba Chuo-ku, Osaka 542-0076, Japan Casey Inch 3–7 PM
10/24/18 Hyatt Regency Kyoto, 644-2 Sanjusangendo-mawari, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto, Japan, 605-0941 Casey Inch 3–7 PM
10/28/18 Shangri-La's Far Eastern Plaza Hotel Taipei, 201 Tun Hwa South Road, Section 2, Taipei 10675, Taiwan Casey Inch 11 AM–6 PM
* Note that the event in Tokyo includes an information session/presentation from 10–11 AM and optional portfolio reviews by reservation. For more information or to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. National Portfolio Days: Another way to have your work reviewed is to attend one of the National Portfolio Days in your area. Check online to see which portfolio days Pratt will attend. Appointments are not necessary.
Please bring no more than 15–20 original pieces of your most recent work in 2-D or 3-D formats as well as sketchbook material, if you have it. Please note that all portfolio reviews are for feedback and guidance only. They do not constitute a formal official review for admission.
Read about Pratt’s portfolio requirements.
Please download our Portfolio Review Form, print, complete it, and bring it with you if you are having a portfolio review with a Pratt representative. PDFs are below.
Additional Visit Options:
- Brooklyn campus tours: offered Monday through Friday
- Information Sessions and Major-Specific Information Sessions: offered on select Fridays only and some Mondays
|File Name||File Size|