There are several ways for prospective graduate students to visit Pratt Institute’s Brooklyn or Manhattan campuses. Visit options include information sessions, general campus tours, and department meetings. See visit options and program locations below. Pratt also attends several Graduate Portfolio Days
(200 Willoughby Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11205)
Brooklyn-based Programs: Architecture, Urban Design, City and Regional Planning, Sustainable Environmental Systems, Urban Placemaking and Management, Art and Design Education (Teacher Certification), Art History, Art Therapy, Dance Therapy, Digital Arts, Fine Art, Communications Design, Pakage Design, Industrial Design, Interior Design, Historic Preservation, Performance and Performance Studies, Media Studies, and Writing.
Brooklyn campus visit options:
- Information Sessions: Information sessions are hosted by department chairs and include a discussion and campus tour.
- Campus Tours: Brooklyn campus tours are general tours of the Brooklyn campus. Although graduate students are welcome to join, please note that they do not include graduate studios or graduate information. We recommend that graduate students contact their department of interest directly to schedule a visit.
- Meet with a Pratt Representative
Department Meetings: to schedule a meeting with the department in which you are interested, please contact them directly. See contact information.
(144 West 14th Street between 6th and 7th Avenues)
Manhattan-based programs: Facilities Management, Arts and Cultural Management, Design Management, Museums and Digital Culture, Real Estate Practice, and all School of Information programs.
There are two ways to visit Pratt's Manhattan campus. You may attend an information session or you may arrange an appointment with the chairperson or admissions coordinator for that department. Details are below.
- Department Meetings: department contact information is in our campus directory.
- Manhattan Information Sessions: view graduate information session dates.
Graduate Portfolio Days
The graduate portfolio days that Pratt will attend will be posted in late-August. Visit our graduate portfolio day page for more information.
Pratt's location in a residential neighborhood in Brooklyn is ideal for graduate students who want a residential college atmosphere but also want to be close to Manhattan. Pratt is close to the Brooklyn Museum and the Brooklyn Academy of Music; one block down from Pratt, Myrtle Avenue is now home to many new restaurants serving different kinds of cuisine as well as stores catering to Pratt students.
- What's Happening in Manhattan: A great site for restaurants, galleries, museum, and what's happening at the moment. Includes travel guides, maps, where to stay, and lots more.
- Where to Stay: This listing includes the Brooklyn Marriott as well as other hotels and bed and breakfasts close to Pratt's Brooklyn campus.
- Directions: Maps and Directions to Pratt's main campus in Brooklyn, New York.