Student Involvement and Orientation at Pratt
The Office of Student Involvement welcomes all new students. Your first step is orientation. We hope you will take advantage of all the activities planned for you, as this program helps you acclimate to Pratt and being a Pratt student.
The office of Student Involvement coordinates and helps students plan social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs as well as facilitate Orientation for incoming students. Student programs and events at Pratt are planned to contribute to each student's total education as well as to meet social and recreational needs. Students are responsible for managing their own group activities, thus gaining experience in community and social affairs and playing a role in shaping Institute policy. Students are represented on Institute decision-making bodies such as the Board of Trustees, trustee committees, and the Student Judiciary. The main functions of the Office of Student Involvement are:
- Advisement of Program Board
- Advisement of Inter-Greek Council
- Allocation and administration of funds collected through the student activities fee
- Community Service efforts
- Coordinating Parent and Family programs
- Oversee the Student Union student programming and lounge space
- Plan, promote, and execute New Student Orientation
- Programming of student activities
- Promoting leadership and professional development
- Student club and organization development
- Student Government mentorship
Getting Involved at Pratt
While at Pratt you will explore many academic opportunities that will shape your identity and career path. Pratt hopes in addition to your academic endeavors you will explore identity outside the classroom through involvement in clubs, organizations, athletics, recreation, and student employment opportunities. By getting involved in the afore mentioned opportunities you will gain valuable skills that will enhance your personal and professional development. Linked here you will find the most current listing of student run clubs and organizations at Pratt. Clubs and organizations will look for new members throughout the school year. If you don’t see something of interest stop by The Student Government Office or Student Involvement and we will see what we can do to help you find your niche at Pratt. Learn more about Student Affairs and Organizations at Pratt.